FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Thank you OSC

Author Topic: Thank you OSC
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear OSC,

I would just like to let you know that as a result of Hatrack, I have met two of the closest friends, if not soulmates, of my entire life. One of whom, although no longer a current hatracker, is asleep on my couch as I type.

Thank you. I would have never met them without Hatrack, and my life would have been the poorer if I had never met them.

Sincerely,

Anna Jo (A.J.) Isbell

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
(Papa Moose I'm trusting you that OSC will see this, I don't know that I can truly convey how heartfelt my thanks is, even if it is 3:12 AM central standard time.)

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] i add my own heartfelt thank you. Without Hatrack i would not have met my boyfriend (of three years! [Smile] ) or some amazing, intelligent, wonderful friends.
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, what a nice thread. [Smile]

Without Hatrack, I would not have met some of my closest friends, and I wouldn't have gotten to know my sweetheart.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Without Hatrack, I would never have met my husband, and the baby boy that's going to join our family in April would not exist.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
While Hatrack didn't introduce me to my husband, it has brought us together in such wonderful ways. I like to think that through Hatrack, we have come to know and understand each other on a deeper level.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
While Hatrack has had almost no effect on my relationship with my husband (except for him nagging me to get off it and get writing [Smile] ), it has brought me into the fold of a wildly diverse group of intelligent and thoughtful people. [Smile] And the forum's a lot of fun, too!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clod
Member # 9084

- posted      Profile for clod   Email clod         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I get a barf bag and will OSC hold it open for me?
Posts: 351 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
So your SN is descriptive of your personality?

Could you not have simply ignored the thread if you didn't care for it? I happen think this bis one of the nicest threads I've seen on this side in a long time. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Go, rivka!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you, Anna. I wish I could have such luck.
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
While I haven't met my significant other or closest friend or actually anyone for that matter because of Hatrack, I do really appreciate the community. I am very grateful to OSC for all that he's done to create and sustain it, and not just directly on the site itself. It's easy to overlook that a large part of the character of this forum comes from most of the people on it being fans of OSC's work, which I think is a great benefit. So thanks for everything.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Take what Leonide said and replace "boyfriend" with "girlfriend". [Smile]
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to know that Hatrack has made such a difference in 'real life' (like this isn't real?). We're delighted to be the hosts (with all the help we get from Papa Moose and others); but the reason you met these people on Hatrack is that they CHOSE to be here and CHOSE to be the kind of people who made you want to stay.

It's not a bad little town, is it? thank YOU for moving here <grin>.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
::agrees with AJ::

I've met so many wonderful people because of Hatrack, in real life as well as online. [Smile]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clod
Member # 9084

- posted      Profile for clod   Email clod         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, there are quite a few cool cats 'round here.

(I prefer to begin my sentences with Indeed, rather than And or But. I'm fearful of coming down with a case of conjunctivitis.)

Posts: 351 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Whereas, some conjunctions, should you begin a sentence with them, make you seem like a lawyer.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

(Here I go, insulting OSC again. Will I never learn?) Or a stuffy ol' windbag. [Razz]
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I had thought they were one and the same.

(I'm a lawyer. I'm allowed to denigrate the profession!)

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack helped me save the world! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Reticulum, you didn't save the world. The world was saved from us, not by us. [Evil]
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Where's your proof?
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
The fact that so many Hatrackers are convinced that we (or at least I) was out of line, and tried to take over Hatrack. In almost every new topic I apear or comment on somebody is angry at me for our atempt to bring order.

So there is your proof that we became the enimy of many Hatrackers and not their saviours.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Back on topic, I'm extremely grateful for Hatrack, especially these past few weeks. When I feel like I'm about to explode, Hatrack is always there for me. You all ROCK! Especially you, OSC. One of these days I'll sit down and examine exactly how much your writing has influenced my life, but I can tell you now it's been a lot.

And see, now I'm in a good mood, whereas (hehe) I was in a bad one. Thanks again Hatrack!

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack lets me be a smart-aleck and not get a detention for it. Woo Hoo!
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

I still saved the world from the Garganoids.

I guess it is only you, as I, the starter of the thread, get no junk for it.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I was feeling kind of bleak about things - probably because of nfl's death - and I did some maudlin browsing. I found the this thread and this thread about Eve's brother and it reminded me how many good, sympathetic, caring people we have around here. It's not a coincidence that this community has built up around OSC's web presence.

Thank you, OSC.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.