FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC in National Review on Bradbury

Author Topic: OSC in National Review on Bradbury
tern
Member # 7429

- posted      Profile for tern   Email tern         Edit/Delete Post 
For those who are interested, a beautiful tribute: Card on Bradbury
Posts: 561 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sala
Member # 8980

- posted      Profile for Sala           Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice. It captures all of my feelings and thoughts so well.
Posts: 315 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William Bee
Member # 12842

- posted      Profile for William Bee   Email William Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
That is beautiful—particularly his description of how Bradbury’s writing ‘sings.’ That was one of the first things that drew me to Bradbury. Even before I was mature enough to recognize the cadences in the writing, I felt the rhythm in his storytelling and the power it gave to his words. It was the same experience, actually, when I first read Card, though I don’t seem to find the poetry quite as much in his recent work. In any case, what a fantastic eulogy.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed that. Thank you.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.