FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Upcoming book releases

Author Topic: Upcoming book releases
mulrich
Member # 12863

- posted      Profile for mulrich   Email mulrich         Edit/Delete Post 
These dates are based on amazon's product listings and I'm only including new novels (no audio books, commentaries, re-releases, etc). If anyone has additional information on new novels please add.

March 19, 2013 - The Gate Thief
June 4, 2013 - Earth Afire (The First Formic War)
May 1, 2014 - Untitled Book 3 (Pathfinder?)

Posts: 29 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Has The Gate Thief release date been officially confirmed/announced? Or is that just Amazon speculating wildly?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I wish he'd just stick with one series at a time.
Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

As long as they're quality, I don't mind multiple series going on at once. I'm part way through Ruins, and I'm enjoying it just as much as Pathfinder. I quite enjoyed The Lost Gate and Earth Unaware too. I've been less than patiently anticipating the sequels in each series.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mulrich
Member # 12863

quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
Has The Gate Thief release date been officially confirmed/announced? Or is that just Amazon speculating wildly?

Hard to say. I like to think they have information from the publisher. I just wish they would have a release date for an unnamed OSC Book 7.
Posts: 29 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

quote:
Originally posted by mulrich:
Hard to say. I like to think they have information from the publisher.

I think sometimes they do, but they're also notorious for posting essentially what is just an estimated release date.
mulrich
Member # 12863

quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
quote:
Originally posted by mulrich:
Hard to say. I like to think they have information from the publisher.

I think sometimes they do, but they're also notorious for posting essentially what is just an estimated release date.
Normally I would agree with you but it seems strange that they list an untitled OSC book 3 with a precise date. Although, it's known that Card agreed to make Pathfinder into a trilogy to be released over a short (2-3 year) timeframe, so maybe it is just speculation.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

The series which includes The Lost Gate and soon The Gate Thief is also a trilogy if I recall correctly.
mulrich
Member # 12863

Now that Gatefather is out I was curious what OSC has in his writing queue. Amazon has one future release

The Swarm – August 2, 2016 (2nd Formic Wars #1)

Others that are planned according to Wikipedia
Shadows Alive (Shadows #6)
The Hive (2nd Formic Wars #2)
The Queens (2nd Formic Wars #3)
Master Alvin (Alvin Maker #7)

With only one new release in 2015 and likely one in 2016 OSC's pace has definitely slowed. I hope this means he's taking time to manage his health (as discussed in an interview). I'd love to see more frequent releases but I'm glad he's prioritizing the way he is. Health trumps writing fervency.

Craig Childs
Member # 5382

- posted      Profile for Craig Childs   Email Craig Childs         Edit/Delete Post 
Series still waiting for sequels:

Second Formic War #2-3
Ender-Children of the Mind/Shadows in Flight wrap up
Women of Genesis book #4
Ladder top vol 3
Alvin Maker 7
Empire/Hidden Empire book 3

And, of course, Lovelock... the holy grail of unfinished series

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew M.
Member # 13059

- posted      Profile for Andrew M.   Email Andrew M.         Edit/Delete Post 
I just listened to the audiobook of Seventh Son where OSC solemnly swore he would finish the Alvin Maker series. He is therefore not allowed to die until he does.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Childs
Member # 5382

- posted      Profile for Craig Childs   Email Craig Childs         Edit/Delete Post 
Just thought I'd update the list of sequels in the 'To Be Written' queue, just in case OSC gets bored during this quarantine :-)

Series still waiting for sequels:

Second Formic War #3 (The Queen)
Shadow/Speaker wrap up (Shadows Alive?)
Women of Genesis book #4
Ladder top vol 3
Alvin Maker #7
Empire/Hidden Empire book 3
Mayflower trilogy books 2-3
Fleet School book 2

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.