FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New OCS Interview

Author Topic: New OCS Interview
SpDTheadkeFor
Member # 12471

- posted      Profile for SpDTheadkeFor           Edit/Delete Post 
Alway nice to see a new interview with you Mr. Card. Thank you.

https://youtu.be/_mt9BpIIUSo

https://www.stitcher.com/s?eid=69883020&refid=asa

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It's curious that Card says he voted for Trump in the interview, but specifically noted in World Watch a couple weeks before the election that he'd be voting third party because he considered Trump an incompetent buffoon and he thought his vote was too much of a sacred duty to waste on either Trump or Clinton.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lynn johnson
Member # 9620

- posted      Profile for lynn johnson   Email lynn johnson         Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of people did. Hold your nose and vote Trump. I did, because I thought Evans was a joke. A close friend was on the Secret Service detail guarding the Clintons and HRC is trash, full stop. So I couldn't go there.

I have been, as Card also is, very surprised at how many good things Trump has done. He has kept his promises. That alone puts him in a unique category. I don't like his stupid tweets, idiotic. But he does good stuff, so I will vote for him again. Better than a president who has to be watered and fed plant food.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Lots of people did. Hold your nose and vote Trump.
Did you also write an article a week before the election detailing how horrible Trump was and why you weren't going to vote for him?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
What good things?! Ushering literal fascism and encouraging racists isn't a good thing or do you vote for a person based on them making minorties you hate as miserable as possible? He needs to be fired
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lynn johnson
Member # 9620

- posted      Profile for lynn johnson   Email lynn johnson         Edit/Delete Post 
Syn, I think "fascism" is a word you do not understand. "That word doesn't mean what you think it means."

Trump's official photographer, an Asian guy who was liberal when he went to work for Trump, said he was a remarkably open and non-racist. Gene Ho's book is:
https://www.trump-ography.com/

After Dave Rubin, former Young Turk, walked away from leftism, he met Trump and with his husband, who seems to also be named Dave, was introduced. Trump was very enjoyable and supportive of the two Daves.

Syn, you have your opinions, but they are absent any real facts. Can you actually produce evidence, aside from wild accusations?

Tom, I am too old to remember what I wrote. But how does your comment contribue? Many of us, in the the privacy of the voting booth, held our noses. It has worked out far better than I could have ever guessed. I was wrong. You were too, but you won't admit it.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
The evidence is in things trump specifically does and says. You can smile in the face of gay people but still pass laws that makes it harder for hay people to get treatment. He still keeps calling Covid-19 Wuhan flu. His racist dog whistles are primal screams.

And i don't trust people who call wearing a mask fascist but support a literal police state to understand what fascism means.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

quote:
But how does your comment contribue?(sic)
If one allows Republicans to get away with continuously lying, they freely attempt to rewrite historical reality so that even they themselves no longer recall the actual truth.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.