FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » RotK Trailer!

Author Topic: RotK Trailer!
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
theonering.net has the RotK trailer!

I'm working on downloading it right now, so I haven't seen it yet. But I had to let you all know!

*bounces*

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
::giddy::
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Gah! I need more bandwidth! I can't wait another twelve minutes for it to download!
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn it I cann't do quick time at work. Any know of where they have it in something Windows Media Player can use?

msquared

[ July 30, 2003, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: msquared ]

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

I'm going with the mirror one, because I had the same problem.

It's taking a while to download, but I think it'll actually work once it's finally done, so it's worth it, I think. [Smile]

edit: err...I actually read your post this time, and I meant, the QuickTime one didn't play for me at all, so that's why I'm getting the .rar version. [Big Grin]

[ July 30, 2003, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Vána ]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Er... Vana, isn't .rar a file compression format? Like .zip?

I expect when you uncompress it it'll just be a bigger QuickTime file [Wink]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

I don't think that this will be the official trailer. Here is what the site says "TheOneRing.net brings you this exclusive first look at THE RETURN OF THE KING! This file was sent to us by person or persons unknown, it shows 1:35 minutes in GLORIOUS Quicktime a TON of shots from ROTK. Sam and Frodo in Mordor, Pippin and Merry, Gandalf at Minas Tirith, fell beats, Pelennor Fields, Orcs and Men fighting, Aragorn and MORE! !!!MAJOR SPOILERS!!!

It just has tons of shots from ROTK. That does not make it the official trailer.

I still would like to see it.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Er... Vana, isn't .rar a file compression format? Like .zip?

yeah...you just need to download Winrar so you can unrar it.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
GO CABLE MODEM! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

Ahh...I'd never heard of that format before. Turns out you were right, of course. [Smile]

And also about the officalness of the trailor, I'd guess (still haven't successfully seen it, actually - but I'm going to keep trying!).

Vána
Member # 3262

Ah-ha! Success!

[Big Grin]

Yay!

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Where'd you find the .wmv version?
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Ack! The pages for the mirror sites won't even load! [Mad]
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Crap...I am blinded but not deaf!!

Sounds sooo cool.

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EllenM
Member # 5447

- posted      Profile for EllenM           Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad] They pulled the trailer off of theOneRing.net
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
UPDATE: New Line Cinema has kindly asked us to remove the links and files with the ROTK trailer, sorry folks!
They took it down. Is there anywhere else to get it?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
i'm sure there will be as soon as people upload it to p2p networks.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

Oh no! [Frown] [Embarrassed] [Frown]
Vána
Member # 3262

I'm sorry, guys. But I bet Strider's right. And maybe it'll be officially released soon.

*hopes*

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
They're a little late releasing the trailer, aren't they? I've seen the first two as early as June, with the summer flicks.

[ July 30, 2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.lordoftherings.net/

It's still up there.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

- posted      Profile for Sarcasm           Edit/Delete Post 
Up where? I see the Two Towers trailer, but not the one for Return of the King.
Posts: 276 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Same here. [Mad]
Could somebody email me?

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

Nevermind, the images in the trailer where just spliced stills. It isn't official. Look:

[Razz]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

Nick, you're a punk. [Razz]

It seemed to be a real, if short, trailer - especially since New Line pulled it. And it was in fact moving scenes, with dialogue and music.

I hope it (or a better, longer one!) shows up in theatres soon. But, at very least, we'll get a preview with the theatrical TTT DVD at the end of August.

Shigosei
Member # 3831

Fortunately, I still have the window with the trailer in it open. The URL is: http://img-nex.theonering.net/movies/rotk_768.mov
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

The link is not working now.

I bet it was part of what may eventually be the official trailer, but until it is at the official site we will never know.

msquared(who already has Dec. 17 off work so that I can see the ROTK 4 times that day.)

Shigosei
Member # 3831

It still works for me. Maybe it's because I already have it in my temp internet files?
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
Get it while it's hot...

http://www.filmhobbit.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=35416#post35416

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Pat! Aren't you supposed to be dead?

[ July 30, 2003, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: saxon75 ]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
**dies again**
[Cool]

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
Pat-Thanks for the link. Now get out!
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine insists that this trailer is fake, and that any new footage is in fact from the extended dvd edition of TTT. I don't know, I don't see anything which would cause me to disbelieve him.

For example, why do we not see the spider (Forgive me for not remembering her name)? There are no scenes in this trailer that don't look like they couldn't easily come from TTT, and nothing startlingly new that would indicate RotK. Where are the Mordor scenes?

[ July 30, 2003, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Fitz ]

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

There are at least two scenes that are most certainly from RotK and not from TTT, plus all the shots of Aragorn in his royal armor. I'm not saying they won't be in the RotK preview on the TTT DVD, but they are not from TTT itself.

I won't say any more, because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.

Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
Except the footage of them in the caves. Though that happens in the second book they included it in the third movie.
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darwin
Member # 5473

- posted      Profile for Darwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Shelob the spider.
Posts: 39 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
*faints*
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, I still can't see it [Frown] .

The TT EE is out already?

[ July 30, 2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Maethoriell ]

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Not yet.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

No, no. Not until November for the EE, I'm afraid.
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

Ok..I was beginning to wonder why some people weren't going crazy about it if it was out.

It's so unfair how people get clips of anticipated movies and try to show them off.

ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that looks so good! I got chillbumps. Oh, man, I can't wait!
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
The nazgul is just how I pictured it. They've drawn heavily on the John Howe artwork, and I love it!

"Ride for ruin and a red nightfall!" I'm strangely happy they included this line. [Big Grin]

Hopefully this will be a great movie!

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*Hugs Pat*

I weep in anticipation. Why are they making us WAIT so long?! (don't worry, no one has to answer that, I'm just being dramatic.)

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

*preordered TTT EE months ago*
*grins evil-like*

That doesn't to justice, we need a evil smilie! [Wink]

Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh. My. God. RotK WILL make up for the less-than ideal TTT. This is gonna rock.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

We can only hope, Human, we can only hope.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish death upon you Pat for now I will die of anticipation. [Mad] Very frustrated that I will have to wait another 4 months. Worries that it will not live up to its potential like the second. The first time I saw the trailer for the second my mouth was left hanging open. [Angst]
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.