FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Rather Odd Flash Game

Author Topic: Rather Odd Flash Game
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
[Dont Know]

It's pretty strange, but I beat it eventually.

[ August 01, 2003, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: peter the bookie ]

Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Dangit. I was on level 4 when Internet Explorere decided to crash on me.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Really weird. A bit like Myst in some ways though.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! I was hoping for a more spectacular ending.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Are we going to say what it is?

[Monkeys]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Stupid little man. I can make the flowers grow and the bees come out of their hole, and the lightbulb head man come out, and the carriage to go up, but the little man will not get in it and go down!! He just sits and shakes him arm at me! [No No] [Wall Bash]

[ August 01, 2003, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm...are there directions somewhere?

I don't seem to be getting the concept.

[Embarrassed] [Cry] [Dont Know]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That was not a game I should have played right after waking up.

[Sleep]

Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
ludosti, you might try pushing the door knob... just a little FYI
Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

[Hail] Thank you Feyd - I was going to tear my hear out from all the bee buzzing. I'd looked everywhere for something other than the snail and the man and the tree button....

Vana - it's all about the clicking!! [Evil]

[ August 01, 2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
this game is fun!
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a LINK??
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the first smilely might or might not be a link.

And what ever this person was smoking when they made this, I want some. I love the singing laamas.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

i totally can't figure out the anteater level..
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

As for the ending, all I can say is...

"And there was much rejoicing. yay"

Feyd Baron, DoC

DeathofBees
Member # 3862

- posted      Profile for DeathofBees   Email DeathofBees         Edit/Delete Post 
I think they were singing billy-goats.

The only thing I've figured out about the anteater level is that the lever allows the ants (or are they spiders?) to crawl over to where the eater is. And you can click on the flying bugs to make them chirp, but I don't think you can control their movements.

What next???

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Strider - you just have to be button boy!
ludosti
Member # 1772

Where is your little man?
Strider
Member # 1807

up by the door now. i've gotten that weird lock thingy to come out.
ludosti
Member # 1772

Time to push all those lovely little buttons it gives you! More than once if necessary...

[ August 01, 2003, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

DeathofBees
Member # 3862

- posted      Profile for DeathofBees   Email DeathofBees         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, past the anteater. No luck with the smoke-blowing engine, though.
Posts: 354 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeathofBees
Member # 3862

What an amazing ending! Wow!
Strider
Member # 1807

yeah...the clapping really did it for me..
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still scratching my head.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

how is that different from normal?

btw, welcome back Frisco. [Wave]

Vána
Member # 3262

heeheehee...that was fun!
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Crazy.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone want to give me a hint in the steam room?

Never mind. Somehow, in my random combinations of clicking, I got it.

[ August 01, 2003, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
argh. I have randomly clicked the buttons fifty-eleventy-billion times. HELP.

urgh.

<mutters> am not obsessive compulsive. am not am not am not.</mutter>

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

Which buttons, Q? Which scene are you in?
asQmh
Member # 4590

The room with the big steam-thingy. *sniff* I know that pushing - makes it go down and + makes it go up. Problem is, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to line the arrows up or what or if I'm supposed to make the pressure increase? I haven't got a clue.

I have a feeling it's something random which is why no method is working. *sigh*

Q.

[ August 01, 2003, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: asQmh ]

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

Hmm...not sure if there's a method or not...just keep pressing those buttons, I guess.
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I give up. I can't figure out the steam room. What am I doing wrong?
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

Other than the pressure being at 50 and just pressing the button a bjillion times, no, there's apparently no method.

*sigh*

but I have SEEN the promised land. I have finished the game, stayed the course, and . . . uh. . . defeated the singing llamas?

Q.

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Nevermind. I don't know that there was a method to it, but I got to the end. What a weird game.

Any applause will do, I suppose. [Smile]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Steam level. After playing with the buttons, I turned off the lights and hit the buttons. I worked for me with just one hit.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wall Bash] I can't even figure out the first level. I got the pipe/key thing...and I know what the red button does...but what the heck is next? How do I get outta this?
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
Look for the arrow.

Just finished.

Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Human - time to make the ski lift work so the man can ski away

Am I just evil for making the llamas sing and then making them scram and fall in the hole? [Evil]

Time to work my way back to the infuriating steam room.... [Wall Bash] Awww I love the music the squirrel with the lady face plays on her phonograph...

[ August 01, 2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

ludosti
Member # 1772

Yay!! I did it! [The Wave]

You have to love the triumphal fanfare our little hero receives.

Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
there's no reason i shouldn't be able to play this, right? it just loads as a blank page for me [Frown]
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's just down...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toes
Member # 4603

- posted      Profile for Toes   Email Toes         Edit/Delete Post 
For the life of me I can't get by the anteater. How in blazin hades do you get past it? Mushrooms? Ants? Flies? I'm confuseled! [Grumble]
Posts: 84 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

You have to run past while he's munching on an ant. Flip the lever to make them run past him.
Toes
Member # 4603

- posted      Profile for Toes   Email Toes         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh i got it...thank you guys...now onto the steam room. [Big Grin]

[ August 04, 2003, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Toes ]

Posts: 84 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Set him free - open the door.
ae
Member # 3291

- posted      Profile for ae   Email ae         Edit/Delete Post 
Talk about anticlimax.
Posts: 2443 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.