FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My fantastic weekend in Friday Harbor and Bellingham

Author Topic: My fantastic weekend in Friday Harbor and Bellingham
Duragon C. Mikado
Member # 2815

- posted      Profile for Duragon C. Mikado   Email Duragon C. Mikado         Edit/Delete Post 
I got off work on Friday at noon and drove up I-5 with my girlfriend Stacy to Anacortes to take the ferry to Friday Harbor, which is IMO the nicest of the San Juan Islands. We spent the night and the next day visiting my mother in her secluded fortress (that's what I call it for her living so far away). Didn't see any whales on the way there or back across the ferry though.

Next day all three of us took the ferry back to Anacortes and drove up to Bellingham for my cousin Pete Sherry's wedding, which was held at the Bellingham cruise terminal. We got there really early so we walked around the nice little town, went into Village Books and the Collochon Cafe. We had a good lunch at Boulevard Park on the water front and headed to the wedding. It was really nice, with the reception following right afterward in the foyer across from the dome. I have to say, it was a great weekend overall and the traffic wasn't bad coming back even with Seafair going on.

I would have taken the time to look up hatrackers there and along the way (Geoff and jeniwren) but we had a lot to do. Maybe next time I head up north.

[Party]

[ August 04, 2003, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: Duragon C. Mikado ]

Posts: 622 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeathofBees
Member # 3862

- posted      Profile for DeathofBees   Email DeathofBees         Edit/Delete Post 
Huzzah for PNW Jatraqueros! [Wave]

And I'm jealous. I haven't been up to Bellingham or out into the San Juans all summer. [Grumble] Stinking job..

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Bellingham is one of my favorite towns in the whole world. (And I should know, having seen the entire globe -- it's in my living room). Anyway, I also love that bookstore there. Great place!

Did you have any of the wild blackberries? They should be in season right about now.

YUM!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Colophon Cafe, and yeah, Fairhaven is a great part of town! My favorite tea shop in the world (pure speculation on my part as I have not been all over the world yet) is the next block over from Village Books. I thought about going yesterday for tea, but didn't have time. Oh well. No chance we passed each other on the street, as we spent all weekend on the north end of town.

*still thinks that Bob and Aura need a summer home here* [Cool]

Edit: Bob, they are! Ross took Rayne for a walk yesterday and they both came back with dark red fingers from picking blackberries along the way. Ross said that they almost didn't make it back, Rayne didn't want to leave.

[ August 04, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: jeniwren ]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.