FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A life is required. Or not.

Author Topic: A life is required. Or not.
Laurenz0
Member # 5336

- posted      Profile for Laurenz0   Email Laurenz0         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious. How what amount of time would people say they spend on the computer a day. And what amount of that time is hatracking time.

dammit this forum is addictive.
You get on it and you can't stop.
Especially when your being blasted from all sides when you suggest parenting isn't up to snuff. [Big Grin]

I spend probably an hour a day on this thing.

[ August 06, 2003, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: Laurenz0 ]

Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
I spend "too much" time on Hatrack when I am stressed. It helps me gain perspective when I read about what concerns other people.

I have stopped reading or posting as much as I used to because it stole time away from my kids.

Now I spend maybe 45 min a day, I check in 3 or 4 times a day for about 15 min each time.

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been known to spend 8 hours at a time on the internet, sometimes doing it Hatracking.

What is this life you speak of??

[Confused]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurenz0
Member # 5336

Good question ryuko. No wonder you've posted so freaking much.
Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I work for AOL. Im on a computer for 8 hours as is my job. Other than that, I spend about 2-3 hours on line for myself.

However, if I'm not working, I'll spend about 4 hours or so online. Unless my parents go away for the weekend, in which case you can expect me to be either on line or sleeping or getting wendy's.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wiggin
Member # 5020

- posted      Profile for The Wiggin           Edit/Delete Post 
I have been known to play on my computer for full days at a time(rarely but it happens) other hten that as much as I can with out bein yelled at. My day basicly consists of food computer work and wut little sleep i can work around all that. As of late not much has been on Hatrack but i have in the past sat at my computer just looking waiting for someone to post on one of the filler threads such as l;ast post just to post again. DOes that mean I'm addidcted no just don't take my computer and all will be ok.
Posts: 397 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurenz0
Member # 5336

lives. bah.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I spent probably 40-50 hours on Hatrack alone last week, to say nothing of the whole rest of the internet. So don't come crying to me with this "Oh, I have no life because I spend one hour a day online." [Razz]
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I check in on Hatrack (because I'm always positive that ya'll are up to no good!(yes, I did just say ya'll, but for some strange coincidence, I'm not from the south)) quite a few times during the day, but staying here depends on how many interesting threads there are. I just get bored easily, what can I say?
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Way too much time. My computer seems to be my only source of entertainment besides books so I spend the entire day, especially since I have no job.
*is ashamed*
*reads this book* [Dont Know]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurenz0
Member # 5336

Perhaps we should organize 1 day without hatrack.

*flails helplessly as the angry hatrackers pick him and put him in the dunking chair*

WITCH! WITCH!

So maybe thats a bad idea. besides. Who of us could live a day without it.

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Unless my parents go away for the weekend, in which case you can expect me to be either on line or sleeping or getting wendy's.
I can't say that I've ever heard of someone that had a thing only for girls named Wendy, but whatever floats your boat. If you ever come to Orlando, T, I know at least one single Wendy I could set you up with.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
one of the more interesting things to do for you newbies to figure out how much one posts is to take your post count and divide it by months registered at hatrack or by days if you want to get really specific... gives you a good idea of posting frequency.

You know Jon Boy probably hates the number of elipsies I use... but that's the way I actually talk too. Steve is always telling me to finish my sentences and my mother hollers the exact same thing at my father. And I understand my father perfectly even though he never finishes his sentences.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I spend probably an hour a day on this thing.
That's IT?!

Wow, good thing I'm not a parent...

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missus Fanta
Member # 5501

- posted      Profile for Missus Fanta           Edit/Delete Post 
I just sit the babies on my lap and type away.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You know Jon Boy probably hates the number of elipsies I use...
Hmm. . . is it really the number you use, or the fact that you don't put spaces in between them? [Big Grin]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Syn-chan... This is pretty much my entertainment for the day. TV don't do it for me.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Television 95% of the time just makes me angry and annoyed. [Mad]
i use it to punish myself for not having a job. [Wall Bash]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
If I'm home, I'm on the internet, if I'm on the internet, I'm on hatrack. It just depends on how much time I spend at home.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
My computer gets left on for days at a time. Sometimes I'll spend hours doing nothing but waiting for another Hatrack post. Others I'll make just one on the Last Post thread and then I'm out.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
Ask lusti, and she'll tell you that I spend too much time either on my desktop, laptop or with my PDA (all are on the net).

I wouldn't like to guess how many hours a day I spend on computers (at least 40 since I man the helpdesk at Safeway), but it's alot.

I don't spend alot of time on Hatrack, as I'm usually playing games (to help me forget about the callers that I deal with each day [Wall Bash] ).

Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect that time spent for many might be akin to a wave - an ebb and flow, sometimes a tsunami, sometimes a perfectly still pond with nary a whisper of wind to caress the glassy surfaces . . .
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.