FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Thinkin Bout Running for Pope

Author Topic: Thinkin Bout Running for Pope
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's right. We all know that position has to be vacant pretty soon, or else John Paul is a lot more holy than we all know about. Or it's a clever ruse.

So I'm announcing, here, now, that, even though I am an action hero star, I am starting my campaign for Pope. I won't deny it; my motives are completely self-centered (I just like the hat), but that hasn't stopped me from becoming what I am today. Which is nothing. Maybe I should rethink that.

The name of my campaign is "Book: How does he get to be Pope?" because I honestly don't know. I figure it has something to do with God. Maybe he flips a big, divine coin or something, like a really shiny quarter. If I attract enough to my campaign, which I intend to do by faking a death or two, I assume someone will tell me. I hope I don't have to be Catholic or something, because I'm not and I don't know what part of the penis they cut off.

I won't deny it. My platform will be heavily religious. All of my objectives can be summed up with the phrase, "Let's God it up, dude!" which will be my campaign slogan once I figure out how I should campaign. I can tell you one thing for certain: if it's not allowed to have a tiny little monkey dressed up like the Pope and the normal Pope isn't allowed to call him "Li'l P," then that will change immediately.

Anyway, my best to John Paul and my boys in Berlin or Paris or whatever, not to mention the big G and company. Vote for me in the upcoming Pope election. Or maybe pray for me. Think it works that way? Maybe God already knows who we're all going to vote for. I'll have to ask him.

[ August 08, 2003, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know who you are, but if you're ever in the mood to become my minion, my email address is in my profile.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

I dunno. Are you catholic? Because I hear that's a big thing with the Popery stuff.

[ August 08, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, his name is Frisco and he has a pretty cute butt and an adorable face. Can you tell if a person is Catholic from that?

(You know, come to think of it, the cutest boys that I would always get crushes on as a child were good Catholic boys. ::sigh:: )

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Cute butt, huh? How old is he? Because if he's 11 or so he might just be my ticket in......

Oooooh, that joke's just plain awful. I'll let my PR man handle that.

[ August 08, 2003, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Frisco
Member # 3765

I was baptized Catholic [Dont Know]

If you became the Pope, you'd definitely be my second most popular minion, right behind Ralphie.

And Kayla. But she'll never admit to being my minion.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

That all depends on whether or not you'll come with me, and if I can pass you off as a minor. Maybe if I distract a lot of the Vatican with you, I can just run into the Pope's office and lock the door and then after a while they'll have no choice.
Frisco
Member # 3765

Can I have a monkey, too?
Book
Member # 5500

Don't see why not. But the name "Li'l P" is taken. If this works.
Frisco
Member # 3765

Can I borrow the Popemobile on weekends for dates?
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
I am just wondering if you ever thought that you might just offend a Catholic or two?

Maybe I will be the next Prophet of the Mormon church? How do you go about doing that? I have no idea, but I like your choir. Maybe I can get myself some more wives once I change the rules of the faith. I can do that right? Once I am head of the Mormons? Just say I had a vision or something?

[Roll Eyes]

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

I was under the opinion that I made myself sound so clearly stupid that no one would even begin to take me seriously.

[ August 08, 2003, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

msquared
Member # 4484

Well if you are Catholic you can make these jokes. Just like if you are black you can use the N word.

Don't you know the PC rules? Only members of a group can joke about the group.

Now go do three Hail Mary's, four Our Fathers and 6 Novina's.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
What about Father Guido Sarducci? Is he offensive?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Okay.

.....Those are all football plays, right?

Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
If you run for Pope and win, please end this no meat on Friday nonsense. Please.

THIS IS NOT THE MIDDLE AGES! WE HAVE PLENTY OF BEEF TO GO AROUND!!!

Sorry. I feel better.

[ August 08, 2003, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Alucard... ]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, it bugged me a little and I usually have a damn good sense of humor about my church. o_O

*looks for sense of humor*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

The guy who played Father Guido was Catholic, if I remember correctly.

And while the Hail Mary play is used at Notre Dame, God's Football team, it is actually a prayer, which I expect you know.

msquared

Book
Member # 5500

Haha, yeah.
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
mack, the really cute boys really were good Catholic boys. [Frown]

Or were you talking about Book and Frisco?

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember. o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.