FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's not my past that haunts me...

Author Topic: It's not my past that haunts me...
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
...it's my dreams.
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((((((((((Godric))))))))))))))

I rarely remember my dreams. When I do, they're mostly not haunting.

(By the way, beginning a reply with a hug is rarely wrong)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. What Ryuko said.

Actually, I had the dream last night where you think you're awake and are trying desperately to fall asleep.

Yeah, I was a little tired today. [Big Grin]

Feel better, man.

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((((Godric)))))))))))))
Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
((Godric))
Haven't seen much of you lately, Godric.
I've been lurking a lot more too.
My dreams are sometimes so cinematic (in plots,not visuals) earlier this year I had a dream with a 'director's cut!'
I didn't like the ending so I redid it.
Then I woke up and still remembered both versions!
It was very cool.
I wish I could do it at will.
Have you ever heard of 'lucid dreaming'?
It's where you achieve some level of consciousness or control over your dreams. If you have a lot of bad dreams, I'd say look into it, there's lots of methods and books to achieve it.

[ August 09, 2003, 03:31 AM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

Thanks guys... I always feel so odd waking up scared out of my mind. I mean, I'm a grown man. Dreams are so interesting and odd...
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what ya mean, dude. Bad dreams pass, and come back from time to time. Once you figure out how to get them to go away forever, pass the word along to me.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
Godric I hope you can get to some more pleasant dreams soon. I know nothing of pscychology or meanings of dreams, but someone here probably does, maybe if you describe the dreams which haunt you somebody could tell you something useful about them.
That sounded very familiar to me, but I don't know why, is that a real statement of yours or is it some kind of quote? I don't mean that to sound mean or suspicious, it is just that I had a very odd, a very strong image in my mind once I read that. In fact I wrote the post that will follow this one right before I wrote this. This one is sort of warning in case I am way off, and in case you are very sensitive about your dreams. Sorry if I repeat my self, and if I offend you. If this is your own thaught maybe you shouldn't read my next post, or maybe you should to see if anything sound familiar.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

Wow, not to deminish your statement or your problems with Morpheus, but that sounds like a line from a really good movie, for some reason it brings to mind vampires, or some other long living beings of great supernatural power who are talking at night. Seriously reading that I can see the scene in my mind, it is dark and everything is damp, it isn't raining at least not very hard, but you can tell it has been, the one who says it is sort of like an aprentice to the one he is talking to. Or he is someone who for some reason is being asked to join this powerful group, but he doesn't yet have all their gifts, and if he has the gift of unnaturally long life, it is new to him. I'm sure this reply is way out of line, but in my mind it is so real, it is 80 degrees here, but I can feel the cold moist air from the darkened street in my mind. I swear I can hear them right now:

quote:
Master: You are moving into another world now, a world of great power, a world beyond this pitiful existance. You should not let yourself be haunted by the ghosts of your former life, these meaningless shadows of your past.
Student: It is not my past that haunts me... It is my dreams! Everytime I close my eyes I see them, creatures of power far greater than mine or yours or even the whole coven, I see them destroy, and I know it is because of me. I see beings of no power at all and see them making our kind bow to them, and I see that these things are dreams, and still I cannot wake up, and I fear that when I do wake I will see these dreams have come to pass

Really I can hear it, I can almost se his dreams. I don't think I maid this up on my own, none of them look like me, and when I make up a new main character, they usually atleast start out looking like me.
I don't mean any disrespect Godric, but I can't shake this image. I hope your dreams stop haunting you, and if they involve anything like what the guy in my mind discribed, or if you know why I see this scene, I'd really like to know.
I seriously hope you can feel better and get some sleep.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

LOL... Hasn't Bob done a dream meaning thread? Not that I'm going to share my nightmares with anyone...

I wasn't quoting anything I know of, but that doesn't mean I'm not plagiarizing... [Razz]

Actually, I said this a few days ago to my one friend (although we were talking about a different subject) and I thought it sounded cool and certainly fit the nightmare I had.

My friend was saying how he's scared he'll never do anything with his life and I made this statement, meaning that I don't regret anything I've done, but I'm scared by what I may never accomplish.

Marek
Member # 5404

That makes way more sense than what I saw. And now I what I saw is fading, either my mind is going to peices because I'm tired, or Godric has some strange influence on my mind. I'm guessing it is the first one, and if it isn't Godric can probably convince me it is. [Smile]
Seriously though, Godric you have quite a way with words, and a cool screen name. That would make quite a quote, or motto or something, just think you could be famouse and finish your motivational speeches with that story.
I have no idea where this train of thaught is going so I think I will go seek my own dreams. [Sleep]

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, Godric. I know how you feel, really.

((((((((((Godric))))))))))

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.