FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Extreme Bandage

Author Topic: Extreme Bandage
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks as if im in a new band now. I had made one with my friends miles and kate, but its gonna turn into a side project thing now.

Through some friends at work, i found a band looking for a drummer. These guys are all seniors at American University (i think), or at least they have a few years on me. They have twelve songs already.

But here's the really cool stuff. Apparently they're really really good, and one of the members is a good friend of one of the guys in The Starting Line, a fast-rising-to-fame punk band. Also, another one of the guys has serious connections in XM satellite radio. The chances of this band im in making it big are very high.

I've decided that if it looks as if we're gonna make it big, im gonna at least delay going to college, if I go at all.

It's so weird. I never dreamed I wouldn't go to college. Up to now I had had plans to go to Oberlin if possible.

But to become a rock star...that's an opportunity of a million people's lives. It's so unbelievably rare and cool that I can't possibly pass it up.

Anyway, it looks like my first practice with them is tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

L8r all

-Noah/CM

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Replace the first 'a' in Bandage with an 'o', and you've got yourself an awesome band name.

Good luck dude.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry.. The thread title just made me think of a really large band-aid with a lightning bolt on it...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, man... wish I was along for the ride...
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...that sounds so awesome. I'm jealous, although if I really wanted to be in a band I'd learn how to play an instrument

*reads over post*
WAIT!!!!! You were gonna go to Oberlin? I went out to Ohio to look @ colleges, and I absolutely LOVED Oberlin. It was my favorite out of all the schools I saw. When you do decide to go, let me know all about it. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.