FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A certain je ne sais quoi

Author Topic: A certain je ne sais quoi
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
So, I opened my new website a couple of days ago, and, to no big surprise, I've gotten very little traffic.

Argh, I wasn't going to make this post, because it just sounds whiny, but I really do want some input. I'm in the process of adding new features and upgrading old ones, and I'm sort of wondering where to go.

See, everyone else has some sort of trademark or whatever that brings people in. Hatrack obviously has OSC, plus it has been around a long time and has a huge member base. GreNME has a relatively small but very loyal membership (plus it has John and Mafia), Gamesmaq has a topic (games, duh), and Mad Owl has the whole artsy/writerly thing going on. So what's my thing?

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
if you devote a large enough section to me, you will have a following. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

But at what cost?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

oh, don't be silly. i won't charge you anything [Wink]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Celia, you are cracking me up with stunning frequency!

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I feel like Faust right now.
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, your site's only been up for a couple of days. Give it some time.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I know. I'm terminally impatient.

::dies::

saxon75
Member # 4589

Actually, though, I'm having a really good time playing with all the new features. I've been changing over to server-side scripting on several of my pages and learning PHP and MySQL has been interesting. Most of the changes are pretty much invisible on the client side but it makes it much nicer for me.
celia60
Member # 2039

> SELECT *FROM users WHERE clue> 0
0 rows returned

(don't you love thinkgeek?)

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that if I were to buy a ThinkGeek shirt it would be the one that says 127.0.0.1 [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's a slick set-up and the colors are very restful. Give it time - [Smile]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
With a name like Sake river, it's got to be good. [Wink]

And it comes in green! (joy!)

And movie reviews... Oooo... All in all, quite solid, IMO, I'll walk around a bit more!

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.