FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » random headlines

Author Topic: random headlines
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't pass up posting these latest headlines:

We all knew it was inevitable...

David Lee Roth tour ends in kung fu mishap

The Ben portion of Bennifer applies for Georgia gun permit

And finally...

Hungarians get horny while Singapore sleeps

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, that last one is going to get you reported. [Razz]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
::blows whistle::
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
118 times per year? That seems kind of high, to my mind. That's 2.26 times per week, on average. But I would have thought that there would be enough people out there not getting any to pull that average way down. I wonder how good they were about surveying across demographics?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

I have never done it 118 times a year! I'm not sure, but I don't think I've even done it once!

Oh, wait, you weren't talking about blowing the whistle, were you?

Well, you were, but not that whistle. [Wink]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

::blows whistle on self::
saxon75
Member # 4589

I wonder how they conducted the survey. Because if all the people were Durex customers, that would necessarily skew the results to the high side.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Russians were the least happy with their lot. Only 59 percent said they were satisfied, despite having sex an average of 150 times a year.
Not surprising. I think Russians are genetically predisposed to be dissatified with everything. It's like they all have ADD or something.
Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Ireland is overrun with absentee landlords
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just because Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez aren't doing much of anything doesn't mean they're not making news.
*bemoans the state of the world*
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
"::blows whistle on self:: "

too.. many ..jokes..
must..mock...kayla....

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
If Kayla can blow the whitle on herself, can I toot my own horn?

As far as the survey, as a bunch of high school guys that question. Then ask a bunch of high school girls. Surprisingly, the men's answers are 2 to 5 times higher than the girls. The statistical solution? American Highschools must be a hotbed of homosexual activity.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I'm still having trouble with this whole 118 times per year thing. Not that long ago someone relayed a statistic to me (probably from Oprah or something) that, on average, married couples in America have sex 3 times per month. That adds up to an annual total of 36 times. Are single people really having enough sex to pull the national average up by over 300%?
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I've read studies where married people have sex more often and report better results by far than sexually active single people.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how Vatican City faired in the polls.
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.