FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » cordless mouse

Author Topic: cordless mouse
keedokes
Member # 6301

- posted      Profile for keedokes   Email keedokes         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I have a problem. Well...I have many problems, but this is the one I need help with:

I have a very pretty cordless mouse that needs to be reset. The question is, how do I do that? The manual tells me nothing. I tried rebooting.

I changed the batteries yesterday and now it decided not to work--I think my mistake was that I changed them while the computer was still on. Oops [Embarrassed] )

Posts: 79 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, probably depends on your kind.

Most will have a button on the reciever and one on the mouse. The one on the reciever is obvious. The one on the mouse is TEENY TINY. You need to get a pen (or use fingernails) to push the one on the mouse, and push the one on the reciever at the same time. Should detect automatically.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that with Tech help threads, we've got to get some sort of convention going where people are compelled to provide as much information about their product as possible.

For example, the brand and model of cordless mouse would help here.

Edit: That said, good luck finding the reset button on there. Try on the bottom side underneath a label. It might be marked by a little cross of slices in the label.

[ March 17, 2004, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Nato ]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
You need to press the button on the receiver, then press the button on the mouse. Usually it is on the bottom, and I have never seen it too hidden.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keedokes
Member # 6301

I tried looking for a 'reset button' first. It didn't work. *wry smile*

As a result, I tried uninstalling then reinstalling the software. Much fun ensued, and it still didn't work.

Is there any way a mouse can go bad?

Posts: 79 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keedokes
Member # 6301

Oh, and it's a Microsoft Intellimouse.

Without a reset button.

[Roll Eyes]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.