FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Ig-Noble Awards

Author Topic: The Ig-Noble Awards
Khal Drogo
Member # 6786

- posted      Profile for Khal Drogo   Email Khal Drogo         Edit/Delete Post 
I had never heard of these until today when I saw them on a friends Xanga site, wuite amusing really, someone one for researching the physics of Hula Hooping.

Clicky Clicky

Posts: 148 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow someone actually studied the 5-second rule!!!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
"THe Annalect of Improbable Science" is one of the most Hatrackian organizations I've ever run across. While I can't afford their magazine, I do get their free e-mail. Its great.

I also heard on NPR the acceptance speech of the Peace Prize winner. It ran something like this:

(SPOILER)

"Thirty years ago I had only one dream. I wanted to teach the world to sing. So I invented the Karaoke machine. Now, after listening to people use it I still have but one great dream...'I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony. Cocacola!"

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.