FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Tony and I went to get a cat on the weekend....Now with PUPPY PHOTOS!

Author Topic: Tony and I went to get a cat on the weekend....Now with PUPPY PHOTOS!
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
And we now are the proud owners of a puppy. A girl rhodesian ridgeback - labrador cross to be exact. 4 and a half months old.

The pound is a very, very dangerous place.

When we went to pick up Callie, after she had been spayed, it's all we could do to stop Tony's Mum adopting a deerhound she fell in love with. She already has a dog, cat, cockatoo and fish.

Anyhow, Callie is gorgeous. She's a tan colour, with the ridge on her back from the rhodesian side. Up to my knee already, so I guess she's going to be a biggun'.

(We have photos, but not online yet... )

And she can already sit on command.

[Big Grin]

I feel ridiculously proud of my puppy.

[ October 13, 2004, 03:30 AM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Oooooh, I'd considered getting a ridgeback. Congratulations, and I can't wait to see the pictures.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Congratulations! I've always liked rhodesian ridge backs. I can't wait to see a picture.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Can't wait to see the pictures. I love ridgebacks. Congratulations!

(Seriously, that is so cool. What a lucky pup.)

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, domesticity. [Big Grin] Congrats!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

We have photos... now it's just a matter of getting them online.

She even poses for the camera. Attention-seeking pup!

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't wait to see them, imogen.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Photos!

Note the black object in the background of this photo. That was my flip flop. Now it appears it is a chew toy. As are my toes. I think my puppy may be a foot fetishist.

tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Cuuuuuuute! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Aawwwwww
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
What is it about puppies that makes them look innocent and wise at the same time?
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
awwww, what a cutie!
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhhhhhh Callie's a cutie pie! I'm such a sucker for puppies!
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

What a total doll.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
LOVE the ears.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw! she is so cute! I want to hug her!
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Yah, the foot fetish thing may be cute, for a while. [Smile]

Our Golden Retriever has a doorknob fetish. If there's a doorknob in his way, he'll chew it off
or at least break a tooth trying.

Puppies can be sooooo naughty!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

*bump for Sara*

We came home after 3 hours of leaving the puppy alone to find a large hole in the garden where a reticulation head used to be...

Puppy was literally in the doghouse for a while. But now all has been forgiven and tails are wagging.

She managed to look so woeful from her kennel.. as if she had been beaten for days on end, instead of growled at and sent to bed. Puppy eyes indeed.

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
She's just adorable. [Smile]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have Nylabones in Australia? They work pretty well for chewers.

And I had a dog that was a toe-licker. His way of saying good morning was to lick your toes.

o_O

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I had a boyfriend like that once...

ooops, was that outloud?

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Callie is beautiful! Such soulful doe eyes.

So she is kennel-trained? Does she sleep there at night, or does she get to come to bed with you? [Big Grin]

imogen
Member # 5485

She is a strict kennel dog. We have enough trouble with the covers with just Tony and me in bed... I hate to think what it would be like with a dog as well!

Mack - we do have a chew bone we bought from a pet store (for "medium" chewy dogs) but I have also heard about things you put food in and the dog has to lick and chew to get the food out. I think that might be good for her.

She re-dug the hole overnight... Off to the RSPCA to get her stitches out today, so I think we'll ask for advice on stopping digging. If its possible.

But she is gorgeous. [Smile]

Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Put cayenne in the hole. Be generous. Every time she digs a new hole, cayenne it too.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Cayenne... sounds like a good idea!

*adds cayenne pepper to shopping list*

mackillian
Member # 586

She sounds like a great puppy. [Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I had a boyfriend like that once...

ooops, was that outloud?

Well, ELJay, at least we now know something you aren't allergic to...

[No No]

eeew!

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I get absolutely retarded around dogs. If you want to turn me into a gibbering fool in a span of mere seconds, just shove a puppy in my lap.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh come on, Kwea, that was just too good a line to pass up. I couldn't resist.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.