FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bad week... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bad week...
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys. ((hatrack))

Well this has been a really crummy week for me.
Crushed my glasses.
Broke my big toe *ouch*.
And now I might loose my job today.

Stepped on my glasses by accident on my way out the door Friday.

The weekend was fun... went up to Alma College for Homecoming. Got to hang with all my Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia brothers. Sing in the Alumni Choir and be in the parade.

But I crushed my right big toe on some stairs.

And now I have to have a meeting with my big boss and see if I've lost my job. Yay. *sigh*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] *hugs Telpy* I'm glad the weekend was fun at least.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
When will you go and talk with him?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Telp)))

Want me to make you some chocolate chip cookies? That always cheers me up a bit!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
The meeting is at 2pm.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

yes! Chocolate chip cookies!
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I hope this works out OK! Sorry about your glasses and toe. Ouch.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, that sucks. But then again, maybe not. If it does turn out you're looking for a job, think of it as an oppertunity to find one better than the one you left.

Drop me a note if you wanna rant.

Karl

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
*hug* good luck on the meeting.
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope everything works out alright. Sorry to hear about your toe and your glasses. Like KarlEd said, maybe the job thing is a chance for a fresh start.

Take care and don't break anymore toes.

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Telp, that sucks. Broken toes HURT> I hope all works out with your job. [Group Hug]
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
*sends positive vibes*

Hang in there.

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
<thoughts with you, dude>
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
When you get a chance, contact me via AIM, will 'ya, telp?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Telp, you've probably heard by now, but good luck in that meeting!

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

*puts a dozen virtual chocolate chip cookies on Telp's doorstep*

Yummmmmmmmm, can't you just smell the chocolatey goodness? I hope they help!

(((Telp)))

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
He probably has heard by now and hasn't posted yet - I can't help but think is this a bad sign.

Sorry dude, I know how much that sucks.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
This weekend we may some cookies that, if left on a doorstep, could have occasioned the crushed toe. My husband was doubling the recipe and didn't double the butter. D'oh!

-----career vibes----- for Karl. Not that career vibes from me are especially effective.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

I think Karl was passing on the ranting offer to Telp in the event he finds himself looking for a job.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
trevor, KarlEd=Karl and Telperion= Karl Yup, same first name.
[Wink]

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Cookies for Telp:

http://www.chocolate-sensations.com/site/440574/product/CCCB

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Is it? Wow, I did not realize that. Yep, it's a Monday. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Telp, how did the meeting go? Well, I hope.

Have you gotten new glasses yet?

Sorry about the toe. That's the one part of all of this that I'm having trouble coming up with a silver lining for.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Pff...the toe can easily be used to get a hot guy to pamper you for an evening. Think outside the box, man.

(((Karl)))

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
*fingers crossed for good news
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
See, I was thinking that the clerk at the eyeglasses place would be hot, and that he and Telpy would hit it off. Maybe Telp could juggle two guys at once though, I don't know. Or maybe the three of them could have an polyamorous relationship.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I sympathize. Hugely. I've broken my littlest toes five times - three times on right foot, twice on left. It hurts like the dickens.

Good luck.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] worried about not hearing from Telp. I managed to stub my toe last night getting into bed. I stubbed it on my own steel toed shoe.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope he's okay. Did he post from work a lot? If he's been disciplined in some way, maybe he isn't able to do that anymore...at any rate:

(((Telp)))

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope Telp is well...tsc...

(((Telp)))

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((((((Telp))))))))))))))))
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Thinking about you, Telp.

I've broken toes too - it hurts like the devil. Not fun, not fun at all.

[Frown]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

thanks so much everybody for your vibes and thoughts.

Bad news. Got fired.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] *hugs Telp*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

((Telperion))

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about that, Telp. [Frown]

I hope you find a new and better job as soon as possible. Hopefully, it will be one which lets you sit down for long periods of time, at least until your toe heels [Razz] .

{{{{Telp}}}}

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Oh man! Why? Did they tell you why?

((((Telp))))

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
((Telp)) [Frown]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, man. I'm sorry. [Frown]

*hugglez*

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Was it the beard? I know you had mentioned tensions over that before. (((Telp)))
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang. That week sounds bad. I hope it only goes up from here! After all monday is in the past.
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Today seemed like Monday part 2, including three near accidents in the company van.

Oy.

On the bright side, I'm gonna get sloshed with a buddy and spend a couple hours of ranting about the day. [Big Grin]

Good luck Telp - getting fired sucks, but you'll get another job. And the next one won't kvitch about your beard.

-Trevor

Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeez, Telp, I'm sorry to hear this. That's a lot of bad stuff for one week to contain. I haven't broken any toes before, but I have been fired before and it ain't a good feeling.

The good news is that you can find a better thing out there for you. I've been fired/laid off twice since I started working, and I got a better job both times 'round. Here's hoping, man.

Btw, were you laid off or fired? Being laid off is as good as being fired nowadays, but there is a slight technical difference.

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I'm sorry Telp.

((((((((((Telp))))))))))

We love you Telpie. Things'll get better.

[ October 12, 2004, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: MaydayDesiax ]

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Wishing you the best--you deserve it. Enjoy a little vacation!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Telpy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Drat, Morgoth did this same thing! Messing with the Telperion! Don't worry, Manwe's gonna chain him up and then you get to morph into a Silmaril. I already read the whole story and trust me, everything turns out great in the end.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<Telperion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You'll get a better job! You're lucky to be gone from that place! Pfffft! Bunch of Losers! How COULD they?

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Telp))) [Frown]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Telp, bad things come in clumps.

But then, I've found, a big ol' wave of good stuff will catch you unawares.

Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, damn. I'm sorry. But try to enjoy the free time, and good luck on finding a new (and better) job soon!
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.