FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » REBATE HELP

Author Topic: REBATE HELP
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate these people . . . I made a copy of every last flipping receipt that came with my laptop. I circled every number that they wanted sent to them. I double checked the website to ensure that I was locating and reporting the correct numbers.

They send me an e-mail stating that I didn't send them the "upc" code number - and the e-mail included the upc.

Am I missing something here?????

[Wall Bash]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
They suck.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
There are several fairly good strategies for resolving this. One, our local newspaper (and likely yours as well) has a sort of "ask questions about things and get answers" mini-column for local people. These are often local questions, but not always. A common thing is for someone to write in asking how to solve a problem (such as needing a refund) with a company. The response usually goes like this "we contacted so and so at company x, and he assured us it had been a miscommunication and that your refund was in the mail"

Two, find a higher up's contact info and send a sternly worded letter.

[ October 12, 2004, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: fugu13 ]

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I second the "they suck". The exact same thing happened when my mom got her laptop, only we sent the originals instead of the copies.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Shan was it a store rebate or a manufacturer's rebate?

If it was a store rebate you can try asking the store manager to resolve this in your favor.

If everything fails, we'll engineer a hatrack boycott. [Smile]

Edited to add: A good forum to find rebate help is Gotapex.com. Most people there are rebate vets. I don't think any of them owns a t-shirt they didn't get for free off the internet.

[ October 13, 2004, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: vwiggin ]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
Shan,

Did you physically cut out and mail them the UPC (Barcode) from the box?

Steve's rules of successful rebates:

1) NO "PO BOXES"!

2) Don't forget to include all the physical thingies they ask for. Staple them to the coupon.

3) Circle the purchase price. Staple that to the coupon.

4) Photocopy everything.

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Silly me. I assumed when they said a copy of the real thing would work, they meant it.

I'll make yet another copy, remove the original from the box, and send them the whole kit-n-kaboodle AGAIN . . .

if that doesn't work, I'll hire my internet sweetie to straighten 'em out . . . (evil grin)

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
You have ANOTHER internet boyfriend? [Cry]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

(((Beren)))

Sweetie pie! I just thought you might come out of hiding long enough to apply those expensive attorney skills to rescue me from my plight . . .

If you could do that atop a white charger covered in silver chain mail, I'd be forever and always yours. [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.