FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » When you watch the debate tonight, see if you can spot me.

Author Topic: When you watch the debate tonight, see if you can spot me.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
That's right, I got a ticket to the Presidential debate tonight! I can't believe it.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Well are you going to be wearing some funky hat or something?

How will we know it's you? Will you be able to carry in a "Hatrack" sign or something?

What will you be wearing? What do you look like?

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

I'll try to link to a picture later today. Until then, you can look for pictures of me in the Oregon get-together albums on Foobonic.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, now I'm definately watching! Who cares about the candidates, I'm going to play spot the Shigosei.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Which candidate will you try to shake hands with? That's the best time to get on camera.

[ October 13, 2004, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: vwiggin ]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
It's too bad ElJay can't get you an "Ozma" outfit like the one being made for Annie. (Passive voice used to cover that I don't know ElJay's gender). [Blushing]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
She's a woman.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
She can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan ...
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

...and never let you forGet you're a man...
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
And never ever let you forget you're a man
'Cause she's a woman....

<Enjoli>

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

She's a woman.

[Edit--darn flood control! It kept me from getting that line in before Papa Moose!]

[ October 13, 2004, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

[ROFL]
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Choose thy posts like thy books, few but choice.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Shigosei
Noemon
Member # 1115

ElJay

(Along with Jenny Gardner and Frisco)

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Does Frisco always wear that hat?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Okay...I've printed your picture. I'll be looking for you.

Hey, do you think you could wave at me?

[Smile]

advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Do they actually tell you to not betray any emotion? It seemed like the audience on the last debate was studiously neutral.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

Don't know if I'll manage to wave, and I'll try to shake hands with both candidates if I can. I plan to wear a fairly bright red blouse and black pants. In an e-mail, they told us we can't make noise (yelling, applause...) but said nothing about not reacting at all. No doubt I'll get more information when we go through security.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

Okay, here's a link to a bunch of my senior photos. I pretty much still look like that. Ignore the text on the page; that was back before I had the pictures printed up. http://home.comcast.net/~shigosei/pictures.html
Noemon
Member # 1115

Pooka, rumor has it that Frisco *is* that hat. That body he's riding around on is just some guy who happened to put him some time ago, and refuses to freaking take him off, ever. In those pictures Frisco's frantically signalling for someone to rescue him, but so far I think I'm the only person to pick up on it, what with hat body language being diffcult to interpret and all.
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoo-hoo! Go Shigosei!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
That picture was taken a while ago. Why haven't you rescued him yet? I'm starting to wonder about your status as a superhero.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I've tried, but that person who's hatnapped him is just...well, look at him. He's too pretty to fight!

Plus, I don't have any of my cool gear yet.

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! It's not hatnapping, we form a symbiotic relationship! You should see some of the rides this guy takes me on.

Like this one time, in the mall, the pet store was closing and the gate was going down...well, he hit the floor and rolled under just as the gate was closing--and I fell off! But at the last second, he reached through and grabbed me. I mean, that's like a hat's wet dream right there!

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
All I have to say is...
[ROFL]

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, after that hat's wet dream, I hope you washed your hair....
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

Well, I don't think I was on camera at any point. But it was pretty cool to see Bush and Kerry in person! Just think, the photons bouncing off of them arrived at my eyeballs without the aid of electronic equipment!
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, congratulations! I'm jealous..

Although I did get to see John Edwards in person today. That was fun, even if I was at best 30 meters away.

I've got a couple pictures, but they're nothing too exciting.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Ah man, I didn't see you, unless you dressed like an older man with salt and pepper hair.

I did look for you! [Smile]

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just think, the photons bouncing off of them arrived at my eyeballs without the aid of electronic equipment!
Please tell me you at least wore protective lenses or something. . .
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

Nah, neither of them was bright enough to blind me.

[ October 14, 2004, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: Shigosei ]

AbeLinclon
Member # 6923

- posted      Profile for AbeLinclon   Email AbeLinclon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I saw you...I don't know. IT was a very long shot on Fox News. Were you wearing a pink/red shirt? Cause if so I saw the top of your head... [Wave] [Party] [The Wave]

[ October 14, 2004, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: AbeLinclon ]

Posts: 42 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, I didn't think I needed to post in the gender clarification thread, but I guess I do.

And I'm so thrilled to have that song sung about me... knowing the lyrics got me free booze once. [Big Grin] and that's all we're going to say about that.

Oh, and Shigosei, you have fabulous hair.

[ October 14, 2004, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
If I wasn't there when he was actually *buying* the hat, I would prolly believe it all.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

I come from a smallish town, and I guess it was a really slow news day, so my local paper wrote an article about me getting to go to the debate:

http://gazettetimes.com/articles/2004/10/15/news/community/friloc02.txt

Guess that's my 15 minutes of fame. Or however long it takes people to read the article.

just_me
Member # 3302

- posted      Profile for just_me           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"I've joked about writing in some of the social studies teachers at my high school," Teegarden said. "I know they know what the Constitution is for — more than, I think, some of the candidates do."
too true, too true [Frown]
Posts: 409 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
My best high school social studies teacher was/is a really great person -- intelligent, honorable, warm-hearted, etc. But I wouldn't want her as President. She is a little too liberal for my comfort.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.