FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Maybe I should introduce myself a little better :)

Author Topic: Maybe I should introduce myself a little better :)
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I'm Boris. I'm from North Carolina (Yay, another North Carolinian). Currently I'm in Idaho studying Professional Writing at BYU-Idaho. I've been a computer nerd since I was 13, and I've also wanted to be a writer since I was about 15 (Actually, it was more like since age 8, but at that time I just wanted to make a movie, now I just want to write books). Anyway, I've recently gone from being a reasonably well paid computer technician/college student to being a reasonably poor student on financial aid (I got sick of fixing computers, and it was pulling my focus away from what I want to do so I called it quits). At any rate, I've been a fan of science fiction since I was about 3 years old (Thanks in great part to the fact that ET and Return of the Jedi were the first movies I remember seeing, I'm 24 for those interested in age). What else...Oh yeah, I'm pretty big into ballroom dance, I do a little singing, but never in public (And the public probably thanks me for that), and uhh...Well, that's about all I can think of. Just for those who are wondering (And didn't see my other intro in the other forum), my SN comes from a guy who kept calling me Boris after seeing me in a black trench coat. Apparently, he was a big fan of Rocky and Bullwinkle. I am a fan too, so I let the name stick. [Smile] So that's me.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but are you hot?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

Hot like, man, it's hot, or hot like...uhh, hot. [Smile]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Hot like me wanting to have your babies.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

Ya know, no-one's ever asked me that question before. But wouldn't that be more of a matter of YOUR opinion of me, and not my opinion of me? (I suppose the answer of "No-one's ever asked me that" makes it a probable no, huh?)
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama, are you trying to turn this into a Drunken Posting thread?

(welcome Boris)

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

No, I only propose to men when I'm sober.
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
And I thought you took your character from Tolstoi's "War and Peace" That would have been strange... o_O

And welcome to the forum! I see you've met Kama already... Don't worry about her questions though, she asks them to aaaaall the boys... [Wink]

On second thought, she didn't ask me, but I don't mind... [Grumble] [Mad] [Grumble]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Radu, are you hot?
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Corwin is a boy [Confused]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

(it is Radu, right?)

<-- forgetful [Embarrassed]

Corwin
Member # 5705

[The Wave] It has been spoken! Or written! Whatever, I'm saving it for eternity! (or until my death, whichever comes first)

Edit: And Kama, to answer you(r first question), no. [Razz]

Also edit: Yes to the second question, my real name is indeed Radu.

[Roll Eyes] at pooka... Maybe you should read the Are you really a girl? Gender MIx Up on Hatrack thread... But I thought it was quite obvious!? Hmmm, I probably shouldn't ask this, but... What made you think I was a girl?!

[ October 14, 2004, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

No, not hot or no, not Radu?

(stupid editing boy [Razz] )

[ October 14, 2004, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Kama ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

[Big Grin]
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I read most of that thread. I think it's mainly a holdover from when Icarus' wife Cor used to post. But I'll try better next time. 90% of the time the gender of a person shouldn't and doesn't matter.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

Unless you're asking if they're hot. In which case, I think it matters [Smile]
Corwin
Member # 5705

Hehe, no problem, I was just curios about how you got that idea... I've read that thread too and was surprised to see that Goat is a girl and everybody knows it... Well, I guess that just means I'm not everybody! [Big Grin]

Also, I've just read that thread again and... Miro's a girl?! Oh well...

And I confused Reiko with Ryuko, and thought he was a she.

quote:
He is a woman,
She is a man

--- Scorpions (on one of my first audio cassettes)
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Corwin is a boy [Confused]
Somebody need to read the Chronicles of Amber. [Smile]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Boris. [Smile] Had you heard of OSC's Writers' Boot Camp?

(And to those in the know, does he do writing workshops on a regular basis?)

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Boris! Most of us don't bite. And being in Rexburg, you're probably the geographically closest Hatracker to me, which makes you automatically cool. [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] B o r i s

I just love saying that name.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the fact that the google ads are for Rocky and Bullwinkle DVDs.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No, I only propose to men when I'm sober.
Ah, but propositioning men has no such constraints then, eh?

What happened to that sweet, sweet girl who I hosted for a few days? What did the GrenMEtics do to you?!?!?!

-Bok

[ October 14, 2004, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Bokonon ]

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, now that we've dealt with the most important question ( [Wink] ), are you ignorant and pugilistic? If not, welcome. [Razz]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

I am still that same sweet girl.

And Bok is hot.

Bokonon
Member # 480

My comeliness, no matter how truthfully stated, is not relevent, m'dear. Nice try though; a lesser man may have been distracted, but not I.

No, I guess the old adage is correct. You can take the Polish girl out of New Jersey, but you can't take the New Jersey out of the girl. I've heard it's kinda like chicken pox. Or syphilis.

*look for suitable shelter from New Jersey Hatrackers*

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Bok, if someone says you're hot...for goodness sake man, don't argue with them.

Accept it graciously.

*says B O R I S*

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

Whoops, I should also mention:

Welcome Boris!

--
Tammy, I know I'm hot, I didn't need Kama's assertion for that... She was just trying to deflect the tough questions just like (your politician of choice)!

-Bok

Tammy
Member # 4119

What are you saying Bok?

Vote Kama for president?

Bokonon
Member # 480

Well, she does speak more clearly than one of them, and has a much cuter accent than the other.

(I leave it to the reader to choose which is which; your preference [Smile] )

-Bok

Kama
Member # 3022

dude [Cool] Kama
Bokonon
Member # 480

Okay, you got me on that one Kama.

-Bok

PS- You need to post in "that thread" on the Other Side, I bumped it the other day.

Kama
Member # 3022

I did. In Polish, at that.

spoko [Cool] Kama

Boris
Member # 6935

Sara, I've heard of the Writer's Boot Camp, but for some reason I can't find any info on the next one. I think I failed to go to the last one because of monetary concerns. As for whether or not I'm ignorant or pugilistic, I spend a good bit of time trying to learn about the world, and I'm not a boxer (Literal meaning of pugilistic), nor am I very argumentative. And Annie, how close is close? [Smile]
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Boris. [Smile]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Boris! [Wave]
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
HI BORIS. Whenever I read your namein the posts it keeps going thru as if said by Natasha. I miss that cartoon.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Vote Kama for president?
And you though Clinton had fun in the oval office.... [Evil]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Close is Bozeman, Montana. The center of the universe!
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

Wow, I'd always heard that there was a black hole in the center of the universe. I guess Montana fits that description (Just kidding, I've never been to Montana so I don't know what I'm talking about). And about the Natasha thing, it's funny you mention that, because I use this name every time I've gone bowling, and if I have a date, she usually ends up being Natasha because she hasn't heard of the "Bowler Name" tradition. [Big Grin]
Boris
Member # 6935

Oh yeah, I miss Rocky and Bullwinkle, too. (And consequently, I'm reading "The Crystal City" right now, and every time it mentions "Moose and Squirrel", I hear the voice of Natasha)
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
See...if you had been here longer, you would know who they really are....LOL....
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

Oh, I know who they are (It's mentioned in the acknowledgements). I just haven't met them [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.