FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bikes = Art?

Author Topic: Bikes = Art?
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Today is our school's "Art Infusion" festival. this morning I woke up at 6 to help my design professor display art bikes all along the main walk of campus.

The highlights of the show can be seen here (thanks to Tick for gallery space).

The bikes were designed by students, mostly graphic design and sculpture majors, though there were free bikes and an open invitation to anyone who wanted to participate. The theme was supposed to be "weather and nature," but some people have pretty liberal interpretations of that. [Smile]

Hope you enjoy your virtual installation art tour!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
The death bike rocks.

The ranch hand comes in a close second.

Can you tell I have a thing for antlers and skulls?

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]

The Mutant bike was freaky deaky!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
That Nail bike looks like something the Shrike would ride. [Eek!]
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'll admit it. It's expected of me I'm sure.

I like the pink flamingo bike!

Yup!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a big fan of bikes, or of 'modern art', but those were excellent! The nail bike remids me of Screamers... [Angst]

And yeah, the death and mutant bikes also look scaryly nice! I also like the fact that the album's called "Death Bike (and others)" and the image in the gallery is that Barby-like bike! [ROFL]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, yeah. I will try and switch that. Or maybe I should leave it, it is funny that way. ::ponders::
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Corwin, these would be more postmodern than modern. Modern art looks more like this. [Smile] And thanks!
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy does this make me homesick for Bozeman.

The ultimate in uncomfortable bick seats

And this one can only be truly appreciated by those who have ridden their bikes to work on a nice spring day in Bozeman MT.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, "post modern art", right! [Smile]

As to your example of modern art, you're right, that's exactly it...

quote:
Modern art is really simple to understand: if you can walk around it, it's a sculpture, if you can hang it on the wall, it's a painting!
quote:
A painting is "modern art" when you buy it to cover a hole in the wall and decide that the hole looks better...
These two quotes sum up my feelings about it...

[ October 14, 2004, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.