FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I want this soundtrack

Author Topic: I want this soundtrack
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
But I can't find it. [Frown]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
So what company actually produced the film? I mean -- like I want the soundtrak for 'Sky Captain" and it is only available through SonyMusicStore.com site, that I have been able to find, because they produced the music.

So maybe the film-maker web site will have a link for it?

Farmgirl

[ October 20, 2004, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Kino International, I'm not seeing a soundtrack link. [Frown]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Hmmm.. you're right. I'm finding places that have the DVD - but no mention of the soundtrak (by Cantonese Sound?) anywhere.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

quote:
Perhaps the most unusual aspect of the film is it's soundtrack, for once it's real, not dubbed on later. So rare is it, even now, for Hong Kong movies to record the soundtrack at the time. For filmmakers, it's money saving exercise - no need to lug around the expensive sound equipment, and you get to overdub a Mandarin soundtrack later (and therefore gain most of China and Taiwan as an audience for your movie). It's refreshing and even a little disturbing to hear the actors true voices, undistorted by posthumous recording sessions in stifled, claustrophobic sound studios.
Not sure what they mean by this
Hobbes
Member # 433

I think it means that a typical Hong Kong movie will dub over instead of doing live sounds. The soundtrack means the literal defenition in this case, the sounds recorded with the movie, not just the music.

Hobbes [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Well, I've failed miserably finding the soundtrack, but for those interested, this is a great trailer. [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ October 20, 2004, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.