FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Let them Eat Cake

Author Topic: Let them Eat Cake
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Thorax Cake, that is.

[ October 20, 2004, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
That's the coolest thing I've ever seen.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Of course, with all the organs on top of it, virtually no one ever actually saw the fact that there was a complete spinal column underneath all the cake so some might say there was a bit of wasted effort there, but I say if you're going to make an edible, anatomically correct chest cavity dessert tray, you might as well do it right!

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Ice Cream Cake.....Mmmmmmm! [Hail]

[ October 20, 2004, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: CStroman ]

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, coolest thing I've ever seen, too.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Who would have thought anatomy had any real uses?
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Oh, I can think of a lot of reasons for my anatomy classes.

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
The sad thing is if you were trying to make a Care Bears cake for your child's birthday and it came out looking like that. Well, minus the ribs. I have a kid that really likes purple, and it is really hard to make by combining regular food color.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Bleh to the thorax, and bleh to the ice cream...

But cool link, Noemon!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I've been looking for ideas for my work Halloween party! [Smile] Don't think I quite have that much dedication, though.
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
The best way to get frosting purple is blueberry juice. Get some frozen blueberries, defrost them and stir in enough of the juice to get the desired shade.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
That was just about the grosses thing I have seen in a long time. Although when I was telling gnixing about he thought it sounded good.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
that's what i want for halloween!
Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
That was cool! I'll have to send it to my aunt - she makes amazing cakes in all kinds of different shapes, but she's never tried to make anything anatomically correct before.
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
HOMG ZOMBIE CAKE!! O_o

I've seen the torso cake before, but the zombie one's new to me.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be sick. That was so cool!
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
That's amazing. I showed my boss at work this morning and she was pretty much squicked out. I, however, think it's possibly the coolest thing ever conceived by humankind.

I wish I had that kind of dedication. It would be awesome to make and bring somewhere - and I wouldn't have to worry about any structural integrity issues during transportation unless someone had the car heater on. [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
The family of our good friends actually do this sort of thing every Halloween. They really get into it. I'm sure they would love to have this recipe!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

On the same note, I really want a brain jello mold. I saw it a long time ago in that funny little catalog called "weird stuff." I have since mastered the perfect opaque jello in a pinkish hue, and I really need the mold.

*goes off to search*

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I just permenantly scarred my roomate...
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I think that I've seen that mold in the paper version of the Archie McPhee catalog.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

It was either there or in the print version of the American Science and Surplus catalog.
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
$8 Brain Jello Mold or $5 Brain Jello Mold

[ October 20, 2004, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Very cool. Those two catalogs have it cheap, but I like the look of this one more. Hmm... what to do....
Annie
Member # 295

I wish the American Science & Surplus place had a picture

edit: I also found one on the Anatomical Chart Company page. click around there - there's some really cool stuff.

[ October 20, 2004, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Annie ]

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Any local store that currently is selling Halloween supplies should have it in stock. If they don't, complain. That is a necessary part of any Halloween party.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Ooooh, cool site Annie!
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooohhh, Annie. That place sells Bucky Skeletons too.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Looks like I found the best deal: the cortical view for $6.95

And where did I find such a deal? Neuromart, of course!

Annie
Member # 295

I like these syringe pens too.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.