FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Google-fu is weak! Please help!

Author Topic: My Google-fu is weak! Please help!
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I'm officially editing (really more like manuscript-doctoring, since it involves some re-writing and excising of British-isms for the American market) the martial art book.

The writer is very pleased with my work, and has even mentioned future books they have planned in hopes that maybe I will continue to work with them. So, YAY! [Smile]

Now to the google-fu part: They need anatomical diagrams for illustrations in the book. They have alredy purchased the rights for some of the things they need, but they need to find others, too. I'm not certain they are really happy with what they've found so far in searching the internet. They are hoping for something cheap.

The writer is British and the fellow he is collaborating with is Korean. Among the three of us, we still are not very internet savvy, and their deadline is short.

Anybody know of a good source for free/cheap anatomical diagrams?

This really isn't in m y job description, but I said I'd try. The poor writer has been hold up in the do jong for a month, basically chained to his computer like some high-tech galley slave. I felt sorry for him, and so I said I'd enlist the help of people who are apparently good at this stuff. [Wink]

Anybody know of a good source for free/cheap anatomical diagrams?

[ October 21, 2004, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Olivetta ]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have time to investigate thoroughly, but this page looks like it might have some good links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatomy

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Gray's anatomy, my mom says.

Here we go: http://education.yahoo.com/reference/gray/

The images in the book itself should be in the public domain, though these digital representations are not, so what I'd advise doing is either asking for permissions to use the digital representations you need, or once you know the illustrations you want, finding a copy of the book (available all over the place) and seeing about getting a high quality copy of the images made.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, here's the original source of that online version (yahoo cross-licenses it): http://www.bartleby.com/107/
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.