FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » We bought a house today! (Now with pictures!!!)

Author Topic: We bought a house today! (Now with pictures!!!)
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo hoooo! Closing was this afternoon. We'll be moving in the weekend after next. I'm so incredibly glad that I'll never have to go on Realtor.com again! It's a cedar-sided and stone A-frame on just a little under 4 acres with lots and lots of trees. A balcony off the front room (which has one wall full of windows), a balcony off the master bedroom, a front porch, and a screened-in porch right off the kitchen. Space Opera is a happy girl!

space opera

[ December 02, 2004, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Space Opera ]

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Does this mean your landlord problems are over?

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Yay! Homeownership is fun! Um, most of the time.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. [The Wave]

Post a picture?

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent news Space Opera. Happy moving!

[The Wave]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I think we might have reached a compromise with the landlord. We'll see for certain later this week. Now here's to hoping that our own renters at our other house in Indianapolis decide to stay another year!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Four acres? *laugh* Riding mower time. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Sound like an awesome setup. I wish I had that much acreage.
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Four acres? *laugh* Riding mower time.
Yeah, one like this:

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/monstergarage/episode/season1/episode_04.html

[Wink]

Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
If I had four acres or more I would probably get a dog. A large, intelligent one. In no other circumstance would I get a dog.

Congratulations!

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
congratulations! Do you have lots of work to do in and around the house or is it all well-tended?
Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

[ROFL]

Actually, we're getting very lucky on the whole lawnmowing thing. Mr. Opera's dad, once he heard we were looking at acreage, took it upon himself to find us a good, used garden tractor with a snowblade attachement for clearing snow off the driveway in winter. He collects antique ones (who knew people did that) so he knows quite a bit about them; he ended up saving us about $1200. I love my father-in-law, even though until now I never appreciated his weird hobby.

space opera

Space Opera
Member # 6504

Ginette, there really isn't much work at all to be done on the house. The basement is unfinished, so we'll finish it eventually, and 2 of the bedrooms are colors I don't like so we'll paint, but other than that it's been very loved.

They had a chimney fire very early in the year in the great room. Bad for them, but nice for us since that involved putting in a new fireplace and carpeting. They also had to repaint, which I'm very grateful for as that would be a really difficult room to repaint yourself with the height and all.

I'll see if I can find our pictures later and post them.
space opera

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
YAY! HOW NICE!
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Operas! [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
congrats!
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
YAY!!!!

GO SPACE OPERA!

Congrats! [Smile]

[The Wave]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo hooo!!!!! [Party]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubble
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for rubble           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Space Opera!

Send some of your good housebuying vibes our way. We begin looking for a new home next week.

Rubble

Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

New house

space opera

ElJay
Member # 6358

pssssst. "The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible."
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Thanks! I always forget to make them public. It should work now.

space opera

ElJay
Member # 6358

It does... and what a lovely new house! This will be fabulous for you, I'm sure!
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, cool roof! And stacked balconies! And it even comes with a road! [Wink]

Looks great, Opera. May you live there in joy and health.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch
Member # 6317

- posted      Profile for FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch   Email FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow-cool house Space Opera! That place looks so cool! Congradulations and I most certainly hope you enjoy it!

Unfortunately, you shall soon be facing the arduous task of... packing .

I can assure you that if I lived anywhere near you the offer to come and smudge your house would be given, so the only thing I can offer is this tidbit of information about it. Here ya go!

Enjoy your new home!

Posts: 44 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice looking house. When's the moving party? Best of luck in your new abode. I'm jealous btw.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
I LOVE A-frame houses. They have such great visual appeal! Congratulations!
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
margarita
Member # 6856

- posted      Profile for margarita   Email margarita         Edit/Delete Post 
What a neat house!

(I'm from Southern California, so we just don't see houses like that very often.)

[Smile]

Posts: 54 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool!
[Cool]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I love it! Especially the stacked balconies.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
What a great looking house!!! I'm so jealous. I've always been disappointed that the houses here are so cookie-cutter looking and on such tiny lots, but having our very own new house (it's our first) is fun anyway. [Smile] Good luck with the packing and unpacking!!! I'm still not done with all my unpacking even though we moved in about a month and a half ago. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome home. It looks beautiful. Wish I was getting one for Christmas. Good luck with packing.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
*swoons* I love your house! Your kids will have so much fun there, I'm jealous!
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Gorgeous house, Nicole! I'm sure you and your family is going to love it there. We are excited with you!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited because both Mr. Opera and I feel we can be happy living there for a looooong time. We both love unique homes and knew that's what we wanted this time around.

That said, I've begun freaking out. I have boxes stacked all over and still so much more to pack - and only 9 days to go!

space opera

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.