FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Are we stuck in some kind of time loop/warp?

Author Topic: Are we stuck in some kind of time loop/warp?
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, double-posting because I had trouble posting has happened to me before.

But this time the posts were in a time-stamp order that was NOT LINEAR.

And I see the same thing happened to other people in the same 5-minute time frame.

What is going on around here?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
There's other stuff, too. Characters not showing up, and then going in to edit and the characters being double when you come out. And no links are showing correctly in twinky's music thread.

Hopefully it will go away soon.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
If we were in a loop, it would take about 17 days before we picked up on it. Even then, we would need an android to pick up on the echo's of ourselves from previous loops.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
If we can kill the mummy hand, we should be OK.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Weird stuff with characters was happening a couple days ago.

And I've noticed odd added letters/numbers on occasion off and on for about 10 days.

Darn, you know what this means?

*starts to panic now, to avoid the rush*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
This sounds like a sci-fi thing that I wouldn't understand, like the difference between a robot and an android and a cyborg. Andrew's tried to explain it to me many times, but as soon as he says the word "android" I start thinking about items I'd like to purchase.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[ROFL]

Mrs. M, you are fabulous.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And I've noticed odd added letters/numbers on occasion off and on for about 10 days.
Yeah, me too. You know all that meaningles drivel I've been spouting off? I didn't say any of it.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone watch Trading Spouses tonight? I think we need a ghost hunter in this forum.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M - It tends to depend on the story to some extent, but my general conceptions of each...

Robot - Artificial decision-making machine, usually but not always non-organic, especially the "brain".

Android - A humanoid robot, especially one that looks completely human (or more human than machine) to the casual observer.

Cyborg - Biological entity augmented with attached, artificial mechanical parts. We have these today with artificial hands.

Are Andrew's significantly different?

Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
It has been taking longer for pages to load. In case anything does happen, I think a mafia game might actually happen at galacticcactus
Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Robot: Sonny from I, Robot

Android: Data from Star Trek

Cyborg: Darth Vader from Star Wars

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh! Good examples!
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Dag, we still have to find a way to satisfy the customer.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if the server is having trouble dealing with all its responsibilities. We do have more members than ever these days.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Please tell me I'm not the only one to whom that sounded dirty. I don't want to go to hell alone.
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dag, we still have to find a way to satisfy the customer.
I knew I could count on Sara to catch a Buffy reference. [Big Grin]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I just barely saw that episode yesterday! Yay me!
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet Vermouth, rocks with a twist.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Depends, kat. What did you think sounded dirty?
T_Smith
Member # 3734

So whom does one count on to catch a Star Trek reference?
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll catch TOS and Annie can cover TNG, other than that, I don't know.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Please tell me I'm not the only one to whom that sounded dirty. I don't want to go to hell alone.
It does NOW! [No No] And I totally blame you. [Razz]

quote:
I do my best, but I'm old and tired. [Wink]
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

That reference was so obvious that I didn't think it needed to be "caught".

3 3 3

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Darmok and Jilad at Tenagra... (nods wisely)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate that episode because I quote it to everyone... and nobody EVER appreciates it!

*has brought up star trek in English class with stuffy professor* [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the Kelsey Grammar cameo.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*laugh* No, this time Grammer is correct. [Big Grin]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Teshi: Shaka, when the walls fell. [Frown]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Thanks, Danzig. I was reading your explanation and I thought, why is orange the big color this spring? Hardly anyone looks good in orange. And what is Anna Wintour thinking, putting Mrs. Trump 3.0 on the cover? First JLo and now this? Vogue should not support vulgar attention whores. I really love Carolina Herrera - she is by far the best and most consistent designer.

T_Smith, I don't know who the other two robots are, but I thought Darth Vadar was a dude in a suit. He's Luke Skywalker's dad, right?

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

It's more than a suit. When Darth Vader's hand gets chopped off, we see that his arm is mechanical.
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He's Luke Skywalker's dad, right?
[Eek!]

:deep breath: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

So he's a robot?
rivka
Member # 4859

No, he's a cyborg -- part human, part robot.

And Belle, [Laugh] !

Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Really? I thought robots and cyborgs were the same things.
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Robot - Artificial decision-making machine, usually but not always non-organic, especially the "brain".

Android - A humanoid robot, especially one that looks completely human (or more human than machine) to the casual observer.

Cyborg - Biological entity augmented with attached, artificial mechanical parts. We have these today with artificial hands.

vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
"You exist here."
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ryuko made me laugh really hard. Unfortunaly, I have a crop of cold sores so it kind of hurt. [Mad] [Wink]
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's do the Time Warp again!

It's just a JUMP TO THE LEFT!
And then a step to the ri-ri-Riiight!
Put your hands on your hips!
And bend you knees in tiiiiight!
But it's the pelvic thrust!
That really drives you insaaaaaaaaaaane!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.