FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bob's Analysis of Dana's Ice Cream Choice

Author Topic: Bob's Analysis of Dana's Ice Cream Choice
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot just how freaking incredible this thread was. I went on a hunt to see if Dana had put her ice cream flavor in, and she had. This is long before they were sparks in each other's eyes, right?
It made me cry. See, I couldn't go to the wedding, so I have been doing all that wedding crying right here.

quote:
dkw:
I don't have a permenant favorite, but I buy every new flavor of Ben&Jerry's as soon as it comes out.
I eat one scoop per serving, in a custard cup, with a baby spoon, so I can eat less but it lasts longer.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have no permanent favorite but try every new premium flavor from Ben & Jerry's as soon as they come out. This tells me you are a seeker and that you try to find the good in every person you come in contact with. You view life as an exercise or a test as well and you believe that to pass the test you have to get beyond the superficial appearances and try to know everyone and everything. In some, this would be a distinct liability as it is such an impossible undertaking. But read on...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
The one scoop per serving indicates your internal sense of discipline. In some sense, it is saying that you are never going to get TOO involved with any one person -- that there is so much you have to give to so many. But on the other hand it is indicative of your overarching sense of what is proper and best for all. You aren't trying to be in charge, you just want to know what's going on and help out where you can.

quote:
This is the real clincher -- the secret to your success where others fail -- baby spoonfuls. You can be so good at learning and knowing others because you know your own limitations and you work at the pace that you know you can maintain for the long haul. It is possible for a man to outrun a horse, in a long distance race. And that's you -- never missing an opportunity to learn a little more. Taking the time to do it right and get it right. You love your work and savor it. Even when there's nothing left to do for the day, you are thinking it over and planning for later.

[ April 07, 2005, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Goodness.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, that is so sweet!! Thanks for posting that!! [Cry]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what she thinks of his ice cream habits. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goo Boy
Member # 7752

- posted      Profile for Goo Boy   Email Goo Boy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 289 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
It's all about the ice cream. [Big Grin] The time they had their first "non-date" (with Ryuko and Aunt Eem), they had ice cream. Some weird flavor, too. dkw told me, but I forget.

(When she was telling me about this, when she came out to L.A. close to two years ago, I remember picking up on the fact that she liked Bob and thinking it was too bad that would never work out . . . [Big Grin] )

Hey, Ryuko, what kind was it?

[edit: verbs good]

[ April 07, 2005, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
They went to Sebastian Joe's, and at least one of them had the roasted garlic ice cream. It is so good...
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't even know how to respond to that. (roasted garlic ice cream) I'm vaguely curious, but simultaneously twisted up with "blech."
Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Roasted garlic is very sweet, actually. I could imagine it, and might try it, but I doubt I would like it.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Roasted garlic is quite sweet, but I still can't imagine it in ice cream. *shudder*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, Rivka, we can do a Mikey "Life" commercial. I'll try it if you try it.
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard of nor thought of a roasted garlic ice cream but I love roasted garlic so I'm gonna be on the lookout from now on. If I run into any I'll post with my take.

*crosses fingers that I will actually find this flavor someday*

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

See, y'all just have to come to Minneapolis, and we'll go to Sebastian Joe's. It's the site of one of Dana & Bob's first non-dates, it's practically a historic location. [Wink]

[ April 07, 2005, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
TOT ALLY. I can't remember what I had. But I know Bob had Roasted Garlic.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm working on the coming to minneapolis thing, but I can't promise any ordering of roasted garlic ice cream [Razz]

I'll try it if someone else orders it, though.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Liz, deal -- if you can find me some that's kosher.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hmmmmm. I think Izzy's is kosher, but I don't think they have roasted garlic. I could make you some... my ice cream maker has never been used for anything but ice cream, is kashering (is that the word) it something that you could do, or would I have to get a rabbi to do it?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

OK, that is it. I am now determined to make ice cream in one of my two Donvier ice cream makers, and send the other one to Christy and Tom.
rivka
Member # 4859

Kashering is the correct word, and the process does not require a rabbi. However, plastics (according to most) cannot be kashered, and most ice cream makers are largely plastic. Also, any little cracks, nooks, etc. that cannot be thoroughly cleaned cannot be kashered.

I used to have an ice cream maker . . . don't think I do any more, though.

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Thanks for digging this up, I had forgotten how cool that thread is, and this is wicked cute.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am glad I did, Dragon, even though it took forever. I must say,m though, that Bob was way off on this assessment of Dana. or so he hopes. ha ha.

"In some sense, it is saying that you are never going to get TOO involved with any one person"

rivka
Member # 4859

She isn't too involved. It's just the right amount. [Wink]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, true, taken in that light.
ElJay
Member # 6358

My ice cream maker is metal inside, but the paddle is plastic. [Frown] So that wouldn't work. I'll have to convince Izzy's to make Garlic ice cream, then!
rivka
Member # 4859

If by Izzy's you mean this place, I don't think they're kosher. I could be wrong, but . . . [Wink]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Drat. I was sure I had read that one of our local ice cream places was kosher. Obviously, I don't pay quite as much attention to such things as you do. [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

*bump*
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Now, ElJay, why would that be? [Wink]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oooh, thanks for bumpage, Rivka.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Bump

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.