FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What's Google Celebrating?

Author Topic: What's Google Celebrating?
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Why is Google all dressed up today? I get the Da Vinci theme, but huh? Usually I can figure out the holiday, but not this time.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it Da Vinci's birthday?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
It's something DaVinci, I'm assuming his birthday.

Personally, my favourite Google Day so far has been Van Gogh's birthday a while back [Smile] .

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that too, but I didn't really care to find out...
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, today is Da Vinci's birthday.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
I love how Google gets all dressed up for things. [Smile]
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

Although I've heard calling him Da Vinci is stupid. Like calling Joan of Arc: "Of Arc".
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean you don't call her that?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I totally call her that all the time.

"And then me and Of Arc totally kicked some english muffin, if you know what I mean."

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Well anyone's last name is going to be confusing to people studying our last names. You don't go around often calling someone by their profession nowadays (except perhaps Doctor) but if you call someone "Cooper", that's what you're doing! Place names are the same.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

Not really.
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Although I've heard calling him Da Vinci is stupid. Like calling Joan of Arc: "Of Arc".
Not really, Joan of Arc was French, which means it would probably be more like calling her D'Arc, which sounds pretty cool if you ask me. However I do know a lot of people that simply refer to him as Michelangelo. In fact I'd say that's how I remember most famous painters, by remembering the 4 ninja turtles, Michelangelo, Donatello, Leonardo, and Rapheal.

Edit:

Oops, according to Google Da Vinci's first name is Leonardo. Which is the problem with referring to them by their first name I guess, you aren't sure who you are talking about.

[ April 15, 2005, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Audeo ]

Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
It's his birthday? Cool.

Today is.. my brother's birthday!

[Party]

I think I've said that in other threads [Big Grin]
But hey, he's a great guy.

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.