FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Monologue Resources? ~ Poor college students in need.

Author Topic: Monologue Resources? ~ Poor college students in need.
Judas
Member # 7355

- posted      Profile for Judas   Email Judas         Edit/Delete Post 
My best friend colette and I need monologues /from/ plays, though we could also use ones that are not later on- so if anyone has any good resources from online, please let us know. - Male and Female monologues teens-20's range.

-Judas

I always search online for monologues but it doesn't seem to help.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Shakespeare's always a good source.

As for plays with teen/college-aged folk, there's the Laramie Project, and The Rimers of Eldritch...and Our Town. I only know the ones I've been in or read, though, sadly [Smile]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I found some good stuff reading a Neil Simon Anthology. I know for a fact "The Gingerbread Lady" has good female teen stuff in it (I got one myself from the last scene).
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I second Shakspear, a lot of those plays have good female roles, and a lot of them involve mistaken identity.

If you feel up to it I would recommend Taming of the Shrew....it is wickedly sacrasctic and toungue in cheek, and can be done in a great comic voice.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
This site seems to have a good variety. I'm not sure if you meant that you have already searched online and found nothing, or that the ones you found were unsuitible.

One of my favourite monologues is the Death Monologue, from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.

[ April 17, 2005, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure Medea has some good drama in Euripedes' play Medea.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
The Literature Network has all of Shakespeare's works and many other public domain works online for free, if you have time to look for what you want. Try the Author Index; for example, click on "Wilde, Oscar", and you'll be taken to a page with his works divided by type; under "plays", you find An Ideal Husband and The Importance of being Earnest.

[ April 17, 2005, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Project Gutenberg
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judas
Member # 7355

- posted      Profile for Judas   Email Judas         Edit/Delete Post 
Super great help guys- -- We live in Ashland, so Shakespeare is something that they get a bit tired of seeing, but there's a lot of other good stuff you've led us too- super mucho thankses..

-Judas

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.