FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » those little hypocriticle conversation does it happen to you?

Author Topic: those little hypocriticle conversation does it happen to you?
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
Example: Dad: Stop calling with your sell phone you last minutes and each minute costs monet etc."

Me: "dad, you DO KNOW that by telling me this your wasting even MORE minutes"

And the convo goes on from there. Does stuff like this happen to you?

Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Uhhhhhh...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Considering I haven't talked to my father in over a decade . . . that would be a no. [Razz]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Stop calling with your sell phone you last minutes and each minute costs monet
Dude, you need a cheaper cell phone plan.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishAphrodite19
Member # 1880

- posted      Profile for IrishAphrodite19   Email IrishAphrodite19         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is a pretty nice plan if it is costing Monet money each time you make a call and not you. I'd say stick with your current plan, man!

~Irish

Posts: 554 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been through a slightly different version of that conversation many times. I used to work customer service on the phones. If we got high call volume a large portion of those calls would complain about the long hold time. A mention of the hold and our apology is quick and not a big deal. But then you get the people who want to lecture us about "Hire more people instead of buying all those TV commercials" and "If you have so many people calling in then your product must have a lot of problems"... wasting time on the call, making all the other people on hold wait on hold that much longer. whee.
Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay typo on money, but I didn't been convos specifically like THOSE I mean anything similar, neh.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
It's like Napoleon Dynamite: "Son, I don't understand a word you're sayin'." [/end unintelligable speech]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Sid, what browser do you use?

If FireFox, check out this site.

If Internet Explorer, check out this one.

It won't really help with something like "sell phone" and "monet" (although it would prompt you to capitalize "monet," which might help you catch it), but it will help with "hypocriticle." [Smile]

I was very happy when I found spellbound for FireFox.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
GRRRR! I HATE MY PARENTS!

RRAAAAHHHHH!

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Back when I was a boy, we didn't have cell phones. We had circus monkeys to pass messages back and forth! Loud, stinky circus monkeys dammit! You ever try and get a message to someone with a circus monkey?!? Ungrateful, little !$#%#%@. [Mad]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
So how has this changed, now that you're a girl?
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] Zotto!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say, he's probably saying that in the effort to save more minutes, sometimes one must take one step backword too take two steps forward.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.