FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dark side of the moon

Author Topic: Dark side of the moon
TheDisgruntledPostman
Member # 7200

- posted      Profile for TheDisgruntledPostman   Email TheDisgruntledPostman         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, i think i've stuck with the one side of the forum a little too long, i'm going to start posting here a little more, after reading alot of posts this is defently a more intriguing group of talkers, except mr.card dosent post on the dark side of the moon.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but the lunatic is in our head, so it's worth it.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Didja hear the news that PinkFloyd is getting back together for Live8?
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

No, but thank you.

Thank you thank you thank you.

I don't have a hope in hell of seeing them live, but if they want to raise money, I'll buy the dvd.

No Sid, though. [Frown]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheDisgruntledPostman
Member # 7200

- posted      Profile for TheDisgruntledPostman   Email TheDisgruntledPostman         Edit/Delete Post 
yea man! me and my dad are seeing that live8 thing, god i can't wait.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I really hope they releae it on dvd, i'd by it in a second. less. How the hell did they convince all of them to play together again? They haven't even done interviews in each others presence in years.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheDisgruntledPostman
Member # 7200

wait, scratch that, theres a live8 concert neerbye me, but pinkfloyd might not be playin it.
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
They're playing one night only in London.

Edit: And to get tickets, you have to donate a certain amount to the charity, and then you get entered in a raffle.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheDisgruntledPostman
Member # 7200

yea, i re-read that
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, great they're getting together to play again, but WADDABOUT THE CREAM REUNION CONCERT A MONTH AGO!!??!! That's the DVD I'm waiting for!! Or are you guys all too young??
Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I was raised on music older than me... my parents used to put the headphones on my mother's belly. Tommy in utero.... gotta love it!

And yes I so want the Cream reunion disc!

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Is the disc out yet?
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Amazon shows a "Cream Live" DVD releasing in October but no detail as to when it was recorded or anything. No idea if it's the reunion concert.

http://tinyurl.com/8xfhs

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Cashew, that is amazing! I heard about that and wished so much that I lived in England, or was independently wealthy.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard the October dvd is definitely the May concert one. My local classic rock station played a recording of about 45 mins of the concert about a week ago, and they sounded GOOD!
Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I might be able to get a recording on Etree. I am having my husband check.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Yup, I searched, and there are quite a few recordings out there, both MP3(which my husband won't get) and Flac. They are audience tapes, though, so far.

Seems they played the same setlist all four nights.

ChaosTheory
Member # 7069

- posted      Profile for ChaosTheory   Email ChaosTheory         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob Geldof! My hero! [Smile] It's so awesome that he's doing stuff again!

(Grabs "The Boomtown Rats" records)

Posts: 163 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.