FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Scientists 'raise the dead' in canine experiment...

Author Topic: Scientists 'raise the dead' in canine experiment...
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Scientists 'raise the dead' in canine experiment...
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Next question...do they eat brains?
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Not the most flattering picture for that article...
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Now that's cool but I'm curious about practical application.

For example, how does this help in a battlefield situation - I doubt Army medics will be carrying the equipment necessary to inject almost-freezing temperature saline solution into an injured soldier.

Sounds like something that's only got practical application in the trauma surgery field, where, if it does help save patients that would otherwise have bled out on the OR table, I can see it being a wonderful thing.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes! This is just the sort of development we need to make cryonics feasible.

I'm gonna live forever.

Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, as an ice cube.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
That's kind of remarkable yet eerie, all at once...
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"The results are stunning. I think in 10 years we will be able to prevent death in a certain segment of those using this technology," said one US battlefield doctor.
Hmm. That's what Darth Sidious said, too.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone provide a link that verifies this?

Cause that picture, and some of the text set my BS detector off big time.

Edit: The Safar Center for Resuscitation Research is real enough, but I can't find anything about dogs. The fact that the place exists, and seems to have successfully done this with smaller mammals lends credence to this story...

Perhaps it was just bad journalism. Calling them "zombie dogs" and showing that picture were both terrible choices...

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.