FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » RENT

Author Topic: RENT
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Yahoooo! RENT is coming to movie theaters!
Yay!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/rent/

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Member # 8048

- posted      Profile for pink   Email pink         Edit/Delete Post 
I"m excited to see how this turns out in theaters. I've seen the show on Broadway quite a few times, and absolutely love it. Let's see if the big screen can do it justice!
Posts: 11 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Neat!

Except, now I'm going to have "Seasons of Love" in my head for the rest of the day...

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes...

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
We know [Wink]

o/` Seasons of love... o/`

Rent trailer! (Did I miss the thread, or does no one on Hatrack love Rent?)

And, completely separate from the Hatrack threads, a somewhat belated Blahg entry of mine concerning it.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kind of scared to see if they botch it...

but also wicked excited!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they have most of the original cast. A decade older, but they still seem to have the feel for the characters.

On the other hand...Chris Columbus is directing.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
divaesefani
Member # 3763

- posted      Profile for divaesefani   Email divaesefani         Edit/Delete Post 
As quite a major RENThead who has not been able to see the show in almost 5 years, the trailer made me cry the first time I watched it. And it still gives me the chills each time I do. I am so freaking excited for this movie, I can't even tell you.
Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen any of it. But it'll be interesting to see a musical made into a movie that is about modern times. Most musical movies are about exotic places or set in the past.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
So we've talked about this before! So what?? It's worth all the celebration it can get!!!

[Wave]

I LOVE this musical. My friend Kelly and I already have a date to go see it, if I happen to be in Israel when it comes out here.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it more appropriate to see it in the cinema, or to RENT RENT from the video store?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.