FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Listening for 9/11

Author Topic: Listening for 9/11
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, I think too many people have forgotten what really happened that day.

Go here and click on "America Be Proud" to be given a reminder. I defy you to listen to the whole clip without getting a tear in your eye.

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch.

I've punctured my ear drums just to be sure I never have to hear that again.

You need to put some kind of warning on that link.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
The singing made me dry after less than 30 seconds....

Not a goood thing. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I lost the challenge, I couldn't finish it.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Edit:

Ok, bad nasty link go bye bye now. [Smile]

[ September 09, 2005, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Hey, T...those link give you doubleclick, they are loaded with malware.

I stopped using that site because of the damage it did to my computer...

It took hours to undo, even with good programs. U went there to see the video of the Asian Tsunami, and came away with over 300 instances of doubleclick...and worse.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Um...is this a joke?
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget to check out "Hannah Banana" on the same page.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
normalee
Member # 8591

- posted      Profile for normalee   Email normalee         Edit/Delete Post 
America be Proud and Hannah Banana are my songs. Thank you for listening.
Hannah Banana is spreading like wildfire.
Please come by often and keep up on my life since I saw Jesus in my dream in 2000.
I was a housewife that saw Jesus in a dream. Now I am a songwriter, country music artist, publisher, author,prayer warrior and Kentucky Colonel

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
No offense Speed, but that just made me want to kill the cat so as to end it's pain. You want me to shed a tear? Try Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA". I shed a tear on that when I was in Basic Training.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Stan, Speed was joking. Were you?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I shall never be well again.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I shed a tear on that when I was in Basic Training.
*snicker*

I really wish iTunes had a sixth star so I could give it to "Ask Jesus."

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, I wasn't sure if he was or not. However, I did want to kill the cat to end the torture. An' to let all know, all of us in my Basic Training division shed a tear on Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" Of course this was a while ago. Talking Clinton administration here.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
>>Of course this was a while ago. Talking Clinton administration here.

Oh, yes. AGES ago. I mean, you have to be like. . . 30 to remember those wild and crazy days of yore.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
normalee
Member # 8591

- posted      Profile for normalee   Email normalee         Edit/Delete Post 
Go on by and listen to America Be Proud.
God is very proud we American stood together during our pain. This song will go down in the history books someday. If you notice I wrote 9/11/2001 in the song for this reason.
God told me the first one to record this song would go down in the history book. God ask me to write this song.He wanted America to know he was proud of us for standing together during our pain. I tried to get a major artist to record finally I did it myself. Right there on my front page of my website. Those people that died that day needs to always be remember. Us American needs to watch for anything strange around us and report it.. We could save someone life.
I am spread love and kindest all over the internet.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I find pretending to be an unfortunate simpleton kind of tasteless. Whoever's doing it should stop, IMO.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I agree.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.