FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » When I read stuff like this...

Author Topic: When I read stuff like this...
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I can only conclude that Baal or some other Goa'uld has been controlling lawmakers and DOD functionaries, with the ultimate plan of seizing the weapon and blowing up Stargate Command.

What were they even thinking? Sheesh.

(SG-1 and possible Atlantis spoilers below.)

[ October 26, 2005, 04:12 AM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_hoIes
Member # 6963

- posted      Profile for digging_hoIes   Email digging_hoIes         Edit/Delete Post 
Not a fan of nukes?
Posts: 109 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. So. Not a wraith, then? No, not a wraith. Not likely Han Tzu, either. Baal? Is he still alive? My short term memory is short circuiting on me. . .
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I thought he was dead. Maybe that's why they finally came to their senses.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Or maybe he's not dead. I can't remember, and Gateworld isn't quite up to date on him yet.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't keep track. Even when we think they're dead, they somehow show up again. Like Apophis. He was killed how many times? For that matter, same with Daniel. I can't remember the number of times he died, either.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

lol! Yeah, they're quite fond of people being "only partly dead", aren't they?
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Yup!

Um, I sent you an email. Is the email addy in your profile correct?

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

It's one of them. I don't check it very often, though.

I'll go check it. [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Replied. [Smile]
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"We basically we have China, France, India, Israel, Pakistan, Russia, the U.K. and U.S., with nukes.
Ahh... I only hope CA hangs with HA instead...
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Why did the Department of Energy think it needed nuclear bombs?
To once again cause an "EnergyCrisis" in California?
Or to help the Terminator create the Rise of the Machines?

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard that nukes got so powerful, that nobody believes they will ever be used. So Bush decided to make really itty bitty nukes as a way to show our military supremacy again... Something like the atomic cannon:

http://www.vce.com/grable.html

I can't remember the numbers, so these might be very wrong. I think there have been something like 10000 (or 5000?) nukes detonated. 2 on cities. 700 in space. Largest was a 50 megaton by Russia. 50 (or 20?) nukes are missing today. One nuke was used to try to penetrate a huge sheet of underground rock making it possible to drill oil underneath... only the oil was radioactive...

Nukes are evil.

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, by "show our military supremacy again," I think that means "scare Osama out of his bunker"

SG-1 rules btw.

Poor Anubus... brrrr.

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can't keep track. Even when we think they're dead, they somehow show up again. Like Apophis. He was killed how many times? For that matter, same with Daniel. I can't remember the number of times he died, either.
I can't think of anything more indicative of a jumped shark.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I don't know. I think they're not quite shark-jumping yet. Somehow they really make it effective; things just work differently in a universe where interstellar travel is instantaneous and there's a being going around who helps people to ascend to a higher level of existance so they don't technically die, a plane on which the beings govern themselves by different rules and it's possible to be cast out by them, etc...
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
They jumped the shark after last season with the introduction of yet another evil alien race bent on destroying Earth, or what I like to call EARBODE. I don't watch it any more.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, that season might have done it. But I haven't seen it all yet, so I'm not totally turned off.

If they make another season, I probably will watch it anyway.

Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Ba'al are alive. (Warning: S9 spoilers)

And yes, there will be a S10.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I meant season 11.

And oh, yeah, I remember that episode...

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Ketchupqueen! I thought the exact same thing when I read that article this morning. Before I even clicked on the link I knew what you were going to link to.

Dude.

quote:
Not a fan of nukes?
Is anyone a fan of nukes? And no, pocket-sized (I know, I'm exaggerating, blah blah blah) nuclear weapons is just asking for trouble.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Teshi, that is sooo funny!
Teshi
Member # 5024

And I haven't even finished season one yet! (Just watched 119: "There But For The Grace of God")
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Lucky, lucky you. You still have years of SG1 to enjoy for the first time.

Savor every moment. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

We watched 118 last night. I've seen everything except the last two seasons at least half a dozen times, but this is the first time for Fahim. [Big Grin]
Teshi
Member # 5024

quote:
Lucky, lucky you. You still have years of SG1 to enjoy for the first time.
Well, I estimate I've seen about 10 Sg-1 episodes on the tv, so not all of it's new. But I certainly am savouring it watching it slowly...

I thought 118 was so SAD, holy crumpets.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.