FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Indictment guessing game

Author Topic: Indictment guessing game
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Will it be Cheney's chief of Staff?

Will Cheney be indicted?

How about Rove?

Will ANYONE be indicted?

Will anyone be convicted?

Will anyone be fired from the Administration?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Find out after the commercial break, here on WHEEL! OF! INDICTMENT!

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a feeling that even if Rove gets indicted, he may come out on top.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't Bush swear to fire anyone who was indicted? Regardless of whether or not they were actually convicted?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
No, iirc the exact wording was originally that he'd fire anyone that was "involved" in leaking the info. More recently he said he'd fire anyone "convicted of a crime" in this case. Some people jumped on that as backpedalling, but you could make an arguement that unless someone was convicted there is no proof that that person was involved.

So that's a pretty big difference from firing anyone indicted.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
My guess is that Cheney's Chief of Staff, "Scooter" Libby will be indicted - he may be up for perjury and obstruction of justice.

Based on what we know and what's public, he's the surest bet. What else will happen, if anything, may depend on things we don't know.

Fitzgerald is the ideal prosecutor for this kind of thing. He's played no favorites in going after Republicans and Democrats here in Illinois. It's kind of amazing he got assigned to this at all.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
What I think is amazing is that with this wave of appearance of Republican corruption, the party itself doesn't seem to be suffering in the polls, it's all going on Bush.

If these were Democrats, you'd hearing screaming from every mountaintop from pundits. I bet Ann Coulter even finds a way to make this all out to be a vast left wing conspiracy against her party.

Really it just boggles the mind.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, but it IS a vast left-wing conspiracy. I paid my $5 to help make it happen.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
After a thurough legal consultation, and a 2.5million donation to various off shore accounts, the indictment is out and they will procede to prosecute........................Bill Clinton.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, but it IS a vast left-wing conspiracy. I paid my $5 to help make it happen.
[ROFL]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

How is it that Icarus and Dan_Raven have posted almost exactly the same number of posts over a three and half year period? That's just weird.
EarlNMeyer-Flask
Member # 1546

- posted      Profile for EarlNMeyer-Flask           Edit/Delete Post 
I read a Time article about companies that have created an exchange economy for future prediction. They argued that they usually make pretty good predictions.

Here is a company that does this: http://www.intrade.com/

I especially liked the second bullet point:
quote:
Unique liquid contracts with tight spreads
It makes me naughty.
Posts: 338 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
And how's he have more posts than I despite having joined a month later?!

Post whore!!!

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Icarus and I are the same person. One of us is the evil personality of the other. We just can't decide which.

Can you have two evil personalities?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
If you do, you'll go far in politics.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it looks like tomorrow (Friday) just might be the day.

I'm betting on indictments against:

Libby (almost certainly)
Rove (probably)

And if someone could give me decent odds, I'd love to lay a ten dollar bet on Dick Cheney, who apparently lied on "Meet the Press" when he said he didn't know anything about Wilson or his wife. (Lying on "Meet the Press is legal and a DC tradition, though) We know now that Cheney got the info on Wilson's wife directly from the CIA. But did Cheney lie to investigators when they interviewed him? He wasn't under oath, so perjury wouldn't be in the offing, but it makes me wonder...

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

See, the problem is that Cheney told his chief of staff. Now, part of the question in my mind is whether or not that was illegal or just bone-headed. And, whether after that, when Libby told people in the press, that was illegal or just bone headed.

Rove, I just don't think they'll get anything on him. And Cheney too.

It would surprise me, anyway.

I wonder if Libby is being set up to take one for the team, though.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
And how's he have more posts than I despite having joined a month later?!

Post whore!!!

. . . says the man with multiple SNs. [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.