FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Trying to find a comic...

Author Topic: Trying to find a comic...
Eldrad
Member # 8578

- posted      Profile for Eldrad           Edit/Delete Post 
I was at dinner tonight with a friend of mine when he told me about a particular comic that he'd really like to have entitled "Tales From The Bully Pulpit", which was published by Image Comics. I've been searching online for a while now but have been unable to find it; seeing as Christmas isn't terribly far off, I thought that'd be a good gift for him and was wondering if someone might be able to point me in the right direction or help me find it. There's only been one issue because it was meant to be a mini-series, which is why it's difficult to find. Any help would be much appreciated!
Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
You posted this thread twice! [Angst]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eldrad
Member # 8578

Ack! How do I delete the other one? I must've clicked twice on the link to post this, dang it.
Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

- posted      Profile for Papa Janitor           Edit/Delete Post 
Done.

In the future, you can click edit on the first post of the thread (the pencil/paper icon), and you have the choice to delete the post (there's a checkbox). Deleting the first post in a thread deletes the entire thread, much to the consternation of some.

--PJ

Posts: 441 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eldrad
Member # 8578

Thank you very much, Papa Janitor. Now I can hopefully find that comic...
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
Here

Edit: Shoot, just realized they don't have it in stock. I'll look somewhere else.

Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.mycomicshop.com/webuytrade/buytradecomics.cfm?iwl=Y&pcat=Comics%2DAll&til=28706

That's the only place I could find to purchase it (and not have it be sold out).

Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eldrad
Member # 8578

There's another part of that site from which you can order comics, pfresh, but that part is for the site to buy from you. I saw that site, as well as the one you posted, Jaime, but unfortunately they don't have it in stock.
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I see. I tried looking it up at other sites I know for comics, and all were either Out of Stock or just didn't have it available. I checked eBay with no luck. I'm not sure what to tell you.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eldrad
Member # 8578

Ah, it's cool. I just figured it didn't hurt to try posting here to see if other people could succeed where I failed. I can just find something else anyway, so it's not a big deal or anything.
pfresh85
Member # 8085

http://www.kingscomics.com.au/content/details.asp?title='TALES%20FROM%20THE%20BULLY%20PULPIT%20ONE%20SHOT'&id=12080&pagenav=next#

Try that one if you're really desperate. I can't guarantee that it's a good site though.

EDIT: Linking it didn't work. So you'll just have to copy and paste.

Eldrad
Member # 8578

Man, that is awesome. I don't know how you found it, but thanks a ton. This should make for a good gift.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.