FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » You've been warned... ladies beware!

Author Topic: You've been warned... ladies beware!
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
There is now a short, balding and mildly pudgy guy back on the market. Watch out!!!

But seriously, My wife finally moved out. Things are going very well on the divorce front. We are finally able to be open and honest with one another and it's been a nice change. There is even the possibilty that the entire thing will be settled by the end of November. I'm currently finishing the move for her. I was a bit ticked that I was responsible for so much but it has turned out to be rather theuraputic. The last of her things get moved tomorrow morning and I couldn't be happier.

I've even been on a "date" or two and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. No where near as scary either. So all and all, it's nice to put an end to this chapter in my life.

I haven't been around here much lately. Well, to be more specific, I've done a lot of lurking and not much posting just because I've been too busy and stressed to put much effort any where other than my current situation. But that hopefully has also changed for the best. My theorapist even said he didn't think I needed to see him anymore because my whole attitude seems to have honeslty shifted and he didn't see any "BS" warning signs. I think a lot of it comes form the fact that she finally came clean about her relationship and we were able to move forward at last with out anything hidden. That's such a nice feeling. Plus it doesn't hurt that I'm realizing there is definatly life after all this. Like I said, I've even met a nice lady friend that has been a wonderful surprise. Not because I'm trying to jump back into anything, but because I've found a good friend to vent to and laugh with, which is something that has been missing for too long. It's neat realizing that you are old enough to really appreciate the company of a woman without being worried about sex or relationships or any of the crap that has clowded these past few years.

So anyways, I just wanted to throw that out there and say thanks to Hatrack for the past two year of my venting and frustartions. It seems that has really been the bulk of my exsistence here and I'm interested to be something other than that angry guy on these boards. You guys rock.

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
beatnix, I'm so happy for you. You sound really happy and healthy.

*big hug
[Smile]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought we came to the conclusion that because you have adorable children, you are at more attractive. At least I remember a thread where this was decided about you.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet. I don't remember that but hecks ya! I'm all about residual cuteness.

Actually I've heard this from a few of my female aquantances lately. They seem to think that I could use my kids as chick magnets. And although I toattly appreciate that adea, I have made a very strict line about the kids for myslef. They will not have anything to do with any other women for at least a year, perhaps longer. And to be honest, I'm trying to keep myself away from anything real huge myself for a while. Friendships are a great place for me right now.

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Plus it doesn't hurt that I'm realizing there is definatly life after all this.
Absolutely.

Thanks for letting us know that things are looking up for you.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
beatnix, I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better. It's such good news! [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Very good news beatnix! I'm glad things are going in a good direction for you now.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Beatnix, it's so good to hear things are picking up for you. Congrats! [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad things are going well for you, Beatnix.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I am glad your life seems to be better now, and I hope that it continues to improve for you from here on out. [Big Grin]

Hatrack is a great place to come if something is bothering you, isn't it?

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad things are going better. It will be such a gift to your kids that the divorce is going amicably.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
(((beatnix)))
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.