FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Halloween Costume Photo Thread, 2005

Author Topic: Halloween Costume Photo Thread, 2005
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Post them here! (Whether you're wearing them on Halloween proper or wore them to a party this week. [Smile] )

Our costumes from last night's ward Halloween party (alternate shot) were Christmas tree and Christmas present. (We didn't win the costume contest; some guy dressed as a pirate did. But we didn't mind, especially since about half the ward told us we should have!)

Emma was overstimulated and tired and screaming, so we'll take pics of her costume tomorrow.

Let's see those pictures!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Goody Elphaba
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, pirates are popular this year - I was one too [Smile]

That is one scary witch. And the tree&present is just *precious* [Big Grin]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Goody, I love it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
In one of the other threads there was some discussion of people who didn't like halloween because people shouldn't dress up as witches, ghosts, demons, etc. Somehow, even though I found a suitable counterpoint to that kind of "evil" costume, I still doubt that those people would find my halloween costume holy appropriate.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I would title that second costume pic "If Jesus were a Jedi". *giggles*
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
My boys are Obi-Wan and Anakin .

I'm going to be, sort of, a vampire. But i'm only going to pst a picture of my chest (in costume).

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Olivia! [whine]Why can't we see the whole thing?[/whine]
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Because I look awful, and it wasn't a final version of the costume. My honey just took some good ones, with the fangs and everything.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Emma was a duck.
Here she is showing off her "webbed feet" (which she actually didn't want on most of the evening.)
Here's a cuter close-up.

divaesefani
Member # 3763

- posted      Profile for divaesefani   Email divaesefani         Edit/Delete Post 
Tyler was a pumpkin last week for the ward party. He was a dalmation for the actual day. I'll upload those pics later.
Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
*BURNINATES EVERYONE*
AoD dressed up as Trogdor. Using construction paper.People here thought it was the shnits. Too bad I don't have a digicam... [Frown]

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

divaesefani, he's adorable. [Big Grin]

After we got Emma's costume off, she went over and sat in her rocking chair and poked through her haul, just like a big kid, with no prompting! It was so cute. Unfortunately, Jeff had already put the camera down and missed it.

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Here are my three. . .
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I love your chicken, Scott! What a great outfit. [Big Grin]

Your other two look cute also - well, one that I can tell for sure. I'm sure the other is cute behind the skeleton mask. [Smile]

Divaesefani - your little pumpkin looks absolutely precious. And, hope you don't mind me saying, but your husband doesn't do badly on the cute stakes either!

<-- Happily married. Just commenting. [Wink]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SingerGuy59
Member # 5934

- posted      Profile for SingerGuy59   Email SingerGuy59         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't do a costume this year, but I went all out on my pumpkin. It's an image of my youngest daughter. It got high praise at the church party last night (even thought it didn't win).
Posts: 16 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
wow, that pumpkin is very similar. great job on it.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my cutie and our pumpkins. Julia painted the two little ones. I am trying to find the picture of her in her costume but it is lost in my computer files.
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
This is a great thread! I promise I'll dress up next year. I was totally not in the spirit this year and I just wore my orange old navy shirt with the pumpkins on it.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Our little trick or treaters. We've never had online nicknames for our kids, and Porter suggested these would be perfect: Mario, Princess Peach, and Bedtime Bear. [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
My girls & me.

And thanks to everybody posting on this thread. Y'all and your kids are adorable, and brought a smile to my face at the end of this long, long day.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Clark Kent! I love it! And what pretty ballerinas. [Smile]
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I feel rather odd posting this picture after all the adorable little kiddie pictures. But, I went as a rather...umm... risque vampire hunter(you cant see my bad a** sword set in these pictures, though), and my boyfriend went as Chaeron.
Normal , Strange faces

Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
divaesefani
Member # 3763

- posted      Profile for divaesefani   Email divaesefani         Edit/Delete Post 
Imogen - Thanks. I think Brian's quite cute myself! You're totally allowed to tell me you think so.

kq - [Smile] Emma's cute too!

Here is Tyler as a dalmation and me holding Tyler from actual Halloween night.

All the kiddos are cute! Keep the pics coming!

Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

foundling, nice cleavage. [Big Grin]

divaesefani, he is just adorable! I love the one of you holding him. [Smile]

Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
These are such awesome pictures. Unfortunately I didn't dress up this year, but I promise I will next year. divaesefani - Tyler is so adorable! I'm jealous.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I love this thread! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oliver Dale
Member # 8398

- posted      Profile for Oliver Dale   Email Oliver Dale         Edit/Delete Post 
Cutest. Dalmation. Ever.
Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
We had our Haloween Hash Run on Monday and I went as Indiana Jones
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay's... human? Sorry I'd wondered

kidding

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
jedigirl

Here's my daughter in her Aayla Secura costume.

Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seespot
Member # 7388

- posted      Profile for seespot   Email seespot         Edit/Delete Post 
The jedi girl costume is absolutely fantastic, ctm.

Our church party was canceled because of the hurricane, so we have yet to dress Abby in her costume for a picture. I'm going to and will post accordingly.

Posts: 77 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks , seespot. My daughter is so proud of her costume.

This is a fun thread, thanks for starting it, kq!

Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You're welcome. [Smile] I'm glad people are getting a kick out of it.

I love that jedi girl costume!

dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my little pirate princess!
http://www.darthunix.com/pics/displayimage.php?album=55&pos=26

Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I love that you don't have her dressed like a baby, she's sooooo cute!
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.