FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey ElJay (or) Modified Rice Relieves Allergies in Mice

Author Topic: Hey ElJay (or) Modified Rice Relieves Allergies in Mice
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
This looks promising as an alternative to allergy shots.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
That I might be willing to try. I have zero interest in allergy shots. [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool, that's pretty neat. Of course, I'm allergic to so many things, they'd have to either have some unbelievably mutated rice or I'd have to eat a couple dozen "small" bowls. [Wink]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Having suffered through a childhood of allergy shots, I can safely say that I have zero interest in them too. Eating a nice, tasty bowl of rice, though--that I'd be interested in doing.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Yeah ElJay, that's true for me as well.

And of course, this treatment would do nothing for people who are allergic to rice. [Smile]

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
This would probably only work for pollen allergies though, right? I've never had allergy shots, since most of my allergies are to foods (and there are no ways to desensitize a body to allergenic foods) and mold, but I wouldn't mind trying it for the few pollen allergies I have.

The good thing, Noeman, is that there are VERY few people who are allergic to rice. IIRC it is basically considered non-allergenic.

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm hungry. A bowl of rice would be quite suitable.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
The good thing, Noeman, is that there are VERY few people who are allergic to rice. IIRC it is basically considered non-allergenic.
Yeah, I was just being funny. Well, trying for funny, actually.
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always attributed the fact that I don't mind needles to the fact that I got allergy shots every two weeks as a kid. Now I'm like "Yes yes, take my blood, give me tetanus shots, yawn yawn". This thread makes me think maybe I was just already not afraid of shots. Hmm. Yeah, I need to get me to an allegist and see if they have more powerful drugs or something, my allergies are on the rampage.
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.