FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » why is it hard to meet girls

Author Topic: why is it hard to meet girls
conan the buff
Member # 8826

- posted      Profile for conan the buff   Email conan the buff         Edit/Delete Post 
see i have this mate brett right, not me brett. anyway he lives in perth and he doesnt know were to go to meet gurls. its not me by the way. and hes feeling pretty lonley at the moment and needs a bit of lovein, ive got plenty of lovein by the way. so if u have any tips or any love that u would like me to pass on to him i will. by the way his name is brett not conan the buff. thanx
Posts: 14 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
1) If you search for girls on the Internet, it helps to be able to spell. If you cannot spell, the only women you will attract will be men pretending to be fourteen-year-old cheerleaders.

2) In real life, it helps if you don't live in Perth.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Come now. That post is so utterly devoid of sense it absolutely has to be written by a bot.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
1) If you search for girls on the Internet, it helps to be able to spell. If you cannot spell, the only women you will attract will be men pretending to be fourteen-year-old cheerleaders.

omg Tom remember me from last nite?????????????????????????????? ^_~*
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh, conan, I am so impressed with you that I'd throw myself at "brett" just at your word!

(I feel you might need this hint- that's sarcasm up there).

rofl nice first post!!!!!111!!! lol gtg bye.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Bots need some loving too! [Evil]
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. I've been looking for a coin-operated boy and now I've found one! conan, I want you now.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Beware, Princess - if you establish yourself as a boy bot lover, you're going to attract the swarming disgusting attentions of the geeky drooling illiterate whose sarcasm detectors are on the fritz because they can't afford to buy the 3000 gp upgrade and are out of mana to cast "Jedi Mind Fix" on them.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Princess Leah:
coin-operated boy

[ROFL]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently made a mix CD that included "Coin-Operated Boy" and "Extraordinary Machine" back to back. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ser Bronn Stone
Member # 8759

- posted      Profile for Ser Bronn Stone   Email Ser Bronn Stone         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean these AREN'T the bots I'm looking for?

You can go about your business.

Move along... Move along.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heni
Member # 8824

- posted      Profile for Heni   Email Heni         Edit/Delete Post 
You people are monsters! He came here to get advice fr his friend brett, not himself, surely if I can see that you guys can. And yet here we are, not a shread of advice for brett and Princess Leah makes a move on Conan. Ho do you think that's going to make brett feel?

*Whats that you say? No, no, Conan and I are not in this togther to play a trick on you* [No No]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heni
Member # 8824

hey princes leah ur coin opperated boy is here were r u. we cant tell brett bout this he'd be heart broken...... [Evil Laugh]
[Party]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
we need a yawning smilie...
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
conan the buff
Member # 8826

- posted      Profile for conan the buff   Email conan the buff         Edit/Delete Post 
what are u guys talkin bout brets not my alter ego duhh... [Wall Bash]
Posts: 14 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

I'm unsure whether Brett exists, but I think it's fairly likely that you're an alt for Rusta-burger.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*sings, to the tune of "Proud Mary"* Trollin', trollin', trollin' Hatrack River...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, ok. I'm Brett. Can I have my advice now? Thanks conan for your help.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heni
Member # 8824

That wasn't me!! Conan came on my thing because I use the same password for everything and he knew it. I changed it though. I hope I've embarrassed him enough not to come back. Nah, that's mean. Is it alright for me to be a part of this community even though I'm only 16? I was planning to have gone by now, but I'm really getting (addicted?) to it. It's all right if you'd rather not have a 16 year old on.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

It's not that I don't think you're sixteen, although I don't. It's that I'm feeling confident that everyone you've claimed has posted on one of your accounts is in fact the same person. [Smile]

I can't speak for all of Hatrack, but I personally would feel a lot better about you if you came clean. I mean, I'm even skeptical of the whole LDS conversion bit, and I don't want to be.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
A great way to meet girls is to involve yourself in the things girls like to do. Like wearing make up, and having pajama party pillow fights, and going out for cheer leading.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
conan the buff
Member # 8826

hey tom davidson im conan the buff my m8t is heni. there is no bret thats just my alter ego. there i come clean do u feel better now and yes im 16 so now u know wat u wanted to know.
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Hasn't anyone heard of Google?

http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+meet+girls

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusta-burger
Member # 8753

- posted      Profile for Rusta-burger   Email Rusta-burger         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't need to have alter egos. Four other people know my password and don't feel they need to ask me to use my account. This is sort of alright for Heni I guess, since he created Rusta-burger in the first place, but it's still annoying. I can't change it either because Emily (my fiance) would be offended if I told her I changed my password because i don't trust her.

Heni, you should know, is her little brother. He's alright though, not really immature. But I wouldn't say I'm not immature. When i want an alter ego I'll make one. Everyone else does.

Posts: 75 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

Oh, even better:

http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+meet+girls+in+Perth

BTW, it might help if Google Safe Search is turned on before you click the linky.

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, I don't know my husband's passwords for all sorts of things, and I still trust him.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
I certainly hope that this communal password isn't attached to any bank accounts or credit cards. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heni
Member # 8824

Would a picture help to prove my identity? I'm not very photogenic so don't say yes if it wouldn't make a difference please.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

quote:

I can't change it either because Emily (my fiance) would be offended if I told her I changed my password because i don't trust her.

Tell her you changed your password because you don't trust some of the other people who know it, and I'm sure it'll be okay. [Smile] And no, a picture would prove only that you have access to the Internet. *grin*

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. How did you and your four friends of widely varying ages stumble across Hatrack? *laugh*

dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
This is so obviously a prank being pulled by one or more longtime Hatrackers.

It's absolutely hilarious! [ROFL]

Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusta-burger
Member # 8753

- posted      Profile for Rusta-burger   Email Rusta-burger         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I changed my password while you were all trying to convince me so you can stop now. Heni stumbled across hatrack and showed me and I got into it to debate with intellectuals, which I don't get enough offline besides Emily. Most of my friends like to end arguments quick. The other two people won't even know I use hatrack, I imagine, what i emant was that I use the same password for everything and four people know what it is. I'm repeating myself now, aren't I?
Posts: 75 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

quote:
I got into it to debate with intellectuals
Please... stop... gasp... too funny... can't breathe! Gasp!
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

"This is so obviously a prank being pulled by one or more longtime Hatrackers."

That was my thought. Actually, I suspected you. [Smile] But then we had the "I knew he was LDS because he played basketball," which made me think Patrick. *laugh*

dh
Member # 6929

Me? Frankly, you flatter me. [Smile]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Flat as a pancake?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

[ROFL]
dh
Member # 6929

I didn't know mormons were basketball players. I'll have to remember that next time I try to unfairly stereotype people.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

OOOOOOH! I made a funny, and someone laughed! Gotta mark this event on the calendar!
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

Oh no! Conan is only sixteen! Now my love is illegal. You've broken my heart.

(also [Laugh] at dh)

human_2.0
Member # 6006

dh - you haven't heard of Mormon Brawl? AKA "Mormon Ball"

Every Mormon boy plays Mormon Brawl. I'm a huge geek and even I played...

tern
Member # 7429

- posted      Profile for tern   Email tern         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh. We always called it Jungle Ball. I was fourteen when I first heard of that strange thing called the foul rule. Still don't quite understand it. As long as nobody has to go to the hospital, it's all okay, right?
Posts: 561 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Not in girls basketball.

I was given a foul because I, quite legally, wrestled a ball away from another girls hands. Without touching her in any way.

And got a lecture for playing rough. [Roll Eyes]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband has a t-shirt that says, "Church Basketball: the brawl that begins with a prayer."
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

quote:
Originally posted by human_2.0:
dh - you haven't heard of Mormon Brawl? AKA "Mormon Ball"

Every Mormon boy plays Mormon Brawl. I'm a huge geek and even I played...

I grew up in small-town Quebec, where anything not strictly Roman Catholic is considered to be a cult (and I was raised an evangelical, you can imagine how that was.) I didn't even hear the word "Mormon" till I was at least fourteen, and I didn't learn a single thing about them till I started reading up on OSC. Which was less than two years ago. So there.
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
*sings, to the tune of "Proud Mary"* Trollin', trollin', trollin' Hatrack River...

[ROFL] Thanks ketchupqueen, that's the best laugh I'd had all day.
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so very tempted to c/p to OOC.... but I don't want to give more attention than warranted.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zarex
Member # 8504

- posted      Profile for Zarex   Email Zarex         Edit/Delete Post 
How will I ever get along without the hatrack community to lighten my moments when I'm on my mission?
Posts: 250 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you need to create (or have someone create) a "Best of the 'Rack" book [Smile]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey!
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
You are all so cute I could just eat you all up!
[Big Grin]
I love "Coin-operated Boy".

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.