FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Having a really bad day...

Author Topic: Having a really bad day...
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
I am having a bad day today. I actually wanted to slap some guests ( remember I work at Disney World)...about 9 of them (drunk), and 3 of us wanted to seriously injure a coworker (not really, just griping) because she is a complete moron. I worked a couple extra hours today because they were short handed, and I wasn't too bad (except this lingering problem with a muscle in my foot that doesn't want to stop being cramped)so I agreed and stayed to help out.
On my way out of work I called my mom. She gave me the bad news; my dog, Dominique, died today. [Cry] She was the very first dog I ever had. She was a 15 year old "Pom-a-poo" (Pomeranian and poodle mix), and she was tiny. She used to sit on my arm - her whole body would fit from my wrist to my elbow. She was blind and deaf, being 15 and all, but she was still my puppy, ya know? [Cry] The worst part for me is the fact that I wasn't even there. She lives in Massachusetts with my parents because we couldn't have dogs where we used to live. Sorry, she lived there, and was pretty much a companion for my dad the past couple of years since he's been pretty sick.
[Cry] Anyway, I miss her, I feel really horrible right now, and I just needed somewhere to let it out since Kwea is not yet home from work. [Cry]

Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww! (((JenniK))) You really have had a bad day! And I can't just tell you "at least it's over" either. I'm sorry that your dog died and you were so far away. 15 years is quite a long time to be associated with someone and then lose them.

Hopefully Kwea will be home with you soon.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cali-Angel-Cat
Member # 8799

- posted      Profile for Cali-Angel-Cat   Email Cali-Angel-Cat         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Hugs sweetie, you need them!

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(((hugs))) I'm sorry.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, Jenni, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. We have a Shih-poo that's tiny, and I absolutely dread the day she passes, because she's my dog more than I've ever had before. We got her to keep me company soon after I started working from home.

Big hugs coming your way! I hope tomorrow is much better.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
think of all the good times. i feel best in these kind of situations when i can smile through my tears at memories.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
JenniK is safely to bed now, after crying on my arm for a little while tonight.

I wasn't really fond of her old dog, as it was extremely skittish around all men...a man abused it when it was younger, kicking it down the stairs, so she never trusted most men after that. However, after a few years she got used to me, and even occasionally came over to me on her own. I never knew her dog when she was younger and more spry either...

I have a real rapport with dogs, too, even the most agfressive of them usually like me, so ahving her be so wary around me wasa little weird, but eventually she grew used to me, and even sought me out once and a great while.

She was a tiny little scruffball, and had been pretty sick, so I am glad that her suffering is over, while at the same time feeling sorry for Jenni. I have had 3 dogs, and when the first one died I thought my heart was going to break in two.

I have a few good memories of Dominique, most of the fairly recent, so that is what I will remember. I knew she was really sick last year when she came up to me and actually jumped up in my lap... [Frown]

I bet my neices and nephew are sad tonight as well, as they live right above my in-laws....(

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
((JenniK))
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, Jenni. [Frown]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillygoose
Member # 1616

- posted      Profile for sillygoose   Email sillygoose         Edit/Delete Post 
That's the saddest thing I've heard all day, I'm so sorry.
Posts: 169 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Jenni))))

I'm so sorry. How hard to hear that alone, and after a bad day too.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
My condolences to you. May your grief come in its proper time, and pass in its proper time.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear that Jenni. [Frown]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwww, lots of hugs. [Frown]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
(((JenniK)))
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Jenni, I'm so sorry.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
(((JenniK)))

You have my condolences. [Cry]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Jen)))

Maybe Thiswill cheer you up. It did wonders for a strange friend of mine, not that you are strange, well, not that you aren't either, but well, um.

have a better day?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you to all for your kind thoughts, and to Dan_raven...whether you think I am strange or not. (Most people think I am just plain nuts, but ya really gotta get to know me first!) I am feeling much better today and have thought back over some of the funny things she has done over the years..especially her fear of flies! Thanks again to everyone who sent hugs and good thoughts.
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

She is weird, take my word for it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't mind my asking, what do you do at Disney World? You don't happen to wear one of those big character costumes, do you? It's just that when I read your first post I had a mental image of Minnie Mouse slapping the snot out of a couple of drunk guys in the middle of DW Mainstreet, and the laughter from that improved my day. [Big Grin]

Hugs and such,
--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
I bet Disney World is the worst place to hear bad news. I'm sorry for your loss, JenniK, and I'm glad you're finding solace in her memory.

Why would people get drunk at Disney World?

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

(JenniK posting as Kwea... too lazy to change usernames)

I work at EPCOT in "The Land" pavillion, on the newest and most popular ride in WDW history (so far...Expedition Everest is scheduled to open at Animal Kingdom next year): Soarin' !!! It is awesome and lots of fun, and there are genuinely insane people that I work with who make the days go by really quickly and it doesn't seem like work.
As for why people would get drunk at WDW... at EPCOT there is a tradition called "DRINK AROUND THE WORLD!" You can purchase alcoholic beverages at all 11 pavillions in the World Showcase year round. Currently the International Food and Wine Festival is taking place here with over 26 countries represented...even more alcohol yea! This will continue until November 13th, when we will go back to having only 11 places to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages from.

I must admit that in 1997 at the end of my semester on the WDW College Program, the "perms" (reads regular/fulltime cast members)from Typhoon Lagoon, where I worked as a lifeguard/trainer, took all the college program students from Typhoon, to Drink Around the World. It is a tradition to do so in many areas of WDW. I may be blonde, however I am not stupid, so I had a nice big meal of Pasta at Alfredo's (in the Italian Pavillion - place that created alfredo sauce; the origional being in Rome with only 2 others...1 in NY, NY the other at EPCOT) before joining the gang for the trek around the World Showcase. I was pretty drunk, but in the end [Hail] I was the only one standing up outside of the Canadian Pavillion, so I won the best prize; on my last day at Typhoon, I was the only CP (college program person) NOT to have a throw-in.... I didn't get tossed into the cold water of the sharks reef at the end of the night! [Taunt]

So yes, we have many people who feel the need to do the same and experience "Drink Around the World"...needless to say, many of them end up on my ride where they are either nice and funny [Big Grin] , or really annoying [Mad] .

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.