FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » tra-DITION!

Author Topic: tra-DITION!
Electric Booogaloo
Member # 8833

- posted      Profile for Electric Booogaloo   Email Electric Booogaloo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey folks! I'm not new around here, but I wanted to post this question pseudo-anonymously, just in case the people I'm talking about happen to be reading this! [Smile]

So, on another forum I frequent, a member is about to hit the big 1000 post milestone for the first time in the history of the board. I'd love to make a big deal out of it like people here do, but the idea of telling a story about your life doesn't really fit the community (it's a school community, so not really as in to personal lives as Hatrack is [Smile] )

Anyone have any ideas for other ways to celebrate the milestone, or other, less personal traditions to start?

Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Ask the mods if it is possible to change her screen name from "Whatever" to "The Venerable Whatever".

"The Venerable" (or whatever) can be used to designate those members who have achieved this milestone.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Electric Booogaloo
Member # 8833

- posted      Profile for Electric Booogaloo   Email Electric Booogaloo         Edit/Delete Post 
Good idea! I'm not sure if the forum system is set up for that, but I'll look into it!

Let's see, are there other ways to celebrate this person's contributions to the community, without making other people feel left out? I really like the story-writing tradition here, there must be some similar sort of thing we could do.... hmm. [Smile]

Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
A tribute thread, where the other forum members write in praise of The Venerable One?

You can start a thread entitled "In Praise of the Venerable Whatever", and ask the mods to stick it to the top of the page for a couple of weeks or a month, or whatever.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Electric Booogaloo
Member # 8833

Another good idea! Thanks Tante! I like it... instead of just saying "congrats X!" like we do when someone has a birthday, we could encourage everyone else to share something about how this person has helped them, or a funny story they remember about them... that would be great!
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Is this you?
Electric Booogaloo
Member # 8833

You know it, baby! [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.