FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » *twitches*

Author Topic: *twitches*
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed, in myself, an increasing amount of random twitches. My eye will just start twitching in the middle of a day. There usually isn't anything in it or anything like that. And I've also been having problems with whole upper body twitches. My whole upper body, above the waist, will spasm for no reason. I'm not cold or nervous or anything like that. Is there some sort of reason for this? Or am I just seriously screwed up? (Don't answer that second question there. [Wink] )
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
You've been poisoned. You probably have only a handful of days to live.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I sometimes I have muscles in arm twitch for no reason. I don't think it's very unusual.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I get eye twitches all the time. I don't think it means anything in particular, so you don't have to worry.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

But I mean constantly. Its either every ten minutes or so, or they last for longer than ten minutes, the eye twitching I mean. And the upper body twitches nearly knock me out of chairs when I'm sitting down. I'm slightly worried. I guess it doesn't really bother me that much, but if it increases in frequency I'll become very annoyed.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
This happens to me too on occasion.
I've been told it is a lack of potassium.
Eat more bananas or onions.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always been very impressed with those people who can eat onions like apples. I just couldn't fathom doing that. So if you are one of those people, I admire you.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by UofUlawguy:
You've been poisoned.

Iocane powder. It is odorless, tasteless, dissolves instantly in liquid, and is among the more deadlier poisons known to man.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
I get that too. Frequent twitches, heavy lids, random tearing up. It's demmed annoying and sometimes embarrasing.
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Inconceivable!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oliver Dale
Member # 8398

- posted      Profile for Oliver Dale   Email Oliver Dale         Edit/Delete Post 
My eye used to twitch as an undergrad. I suspect it was stress related since I haven't had one since (even though I'm in grad school now -- I think the stress is considerably less).
Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to experience stress related twitching. I recommend that you sit on the couch and watch tv shows on DVD all day for a week. That should cure it. [Smile]
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, one of my co-workers had problems with twitches and fasciculations, and it turned out to be Something Serious.

But sometimes it is benign. Are you having any other symptoms? Weakness? Pain? Visual problems? Falling? "Spacing out"?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

quote:
I've always been very impressed with those people who can eat onions like apples. I just couldn't fathom doing that. So if you are one of those people, I admire you.
*Munches on his butter and onion sandwich and his side of old salsa and potato chips and a spoonful of peanut butter*

Mmmm... the poor boy's dinner...

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
My right eye occasionally twitches in the manner you describe, Steve, when I've been stressed or working at my desk too often. I find that doing something more active -- specifically, something that requires rapid changes of focus, like handball or even brisk walking -- usually helps.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

All taken into account, especially the part about more involved activities and more potassium, and not so much the bit about watching tv shows on DVD. [Wink]

Thanks, much!

human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had leg and eye twitches. Especially when I was in school. I'm pretty sure it was stress. I'm pretty laid back now. Work is fairly stress free compared to the stress of grades.
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
You could be experiencing a Magnesium deficiency.

Read this....it may help.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.