FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Stars!

Author Topic: New Stars!
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Super cool!
New stars are seen born!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
"Mommy, where do stars come from?"

"Well, when galaxies love each other very much, they get involved in intense gravitational interactions..."

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet!
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
O.O

Awesome!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I often wonder what the night sky looks like on worlds in other galaxies. Do you think one of the galaxies in the photo looks huge in the night sky of a planet in one of the other galaxies? I wonder how such a sight might affect any intelligence that developed under such a sky.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by KarlEd:
I often wonder what the night sky looks like on worlds in other galaxies. Do you think one of the galaxies in the photo looks huge in the night sky of a planet in one of the other galaxies? I wonder how such a sight might affect any intelligence that developed under such a sky.

Twinkle twinkle, little star.
How I wonder what you are.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
I always feel like stuff about stars should be in the past tense because of the whole speed of light thing. . . oh well.
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Then it would be:

Twinkle twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you were. . .

It would only rhyme in parts of Baltimore.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, technically, the present tense still works, since what you are seeing IS what it was, and if you have a spectrometer handy there's no need to wonder about it.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Coolio!
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, if you were somewhere else in the galaxy, or universe, there would also be entirely different constellations, since the point of view is changed.

On a side note, before entering this thread, i thought it was about the american flag.

Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Mommy, where do stars come from?"

"Well, when galaxies love each other very much, they get involved in intense gravitational interactions..."

[ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.