FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What is with all the PST people being awake? (maybe a mayfly)

Author Topic: What is with all the PST people being awake? (maybe a mayfly)
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I know why I'm still up: I made the mistake of turning a movie on at midnight, and one that I was certainly not going to find relaxing enough to fall asleep in the middle of.

kq mentioned that she's been having pregnancy-induced insomnia. And Geoff, I think, is part vampire.

Is that everyone? It seemed like more . . .

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a college student...

But then, I'm in the Eastern timezone. So I guess I don't count.

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an insomniac pregnant lady chatting with a friend in Sri Lanka. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Miro, are you up early, or still awake? If you're still awake, you count -- as someone even crazier than the rest of us! [Wink]

kq, I was just chatting with someone in Australia. Convenient having friends for whom the-middle-of-the-night . . . isn't. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still awake! I'm a college student on the east coast, too... oh essays. [Frown]
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Just woke up fifteen minutes ago. o_O Right OFF.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the early evening, about to head off to make din-din.

Or, um, heat it up, at any rate.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Go canned soup! *thrusts fist in air*

*had canned chili for dinner*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an insomniac and I just had a friend in...we watched two movies and then an episode of a TV show...yeah...we're both insomniacs.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yay insomnia! *thrusts fist in air*

Oh... Wait...

I think I ought to go to bed.

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Only 9 more posts to go, kq.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*needs to stop posting*

*puts note on monitor*

quidscribis
Member # 5124

6 more posts to go, kq...
Miro
Member # 1178

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
Miro, are you up early, or still awake? If you're still awake, you count -- as someone even crazier than the rest of us! [Wink]

Still up. [Smile] And yes, I am crazy. And stupid.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Mmmph. But did you end up with less than three hours of sleep, and several minutes late to work?
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I'm so happy I don't work... *whistles innocently*
Miro
Member # 1178

No, I just managed to sleep through my classes. Hence me being up again. It's a vicious cycle.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Insomnia sucks. That much I know. Sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks. Sucks.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, sometimes I manage to get some ironing or something done.
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I am NOT happy about being up right now.

Too much on my mind. [Frown]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
[Sleep]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Ela, have you been up all night? Isn't it, like, 6 there?
Ela
Member # 1365

No, I woke up about 15 minutes ago and couldn't fall back asleep.
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh. That's somewhat better. But I'm sorry.
Ela
Member # 1365

Nothing to be sorry about. I'm sort of sorry I posted. I should just go back to sleep.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, fifteen minutes ago? I was wondering a bit about that. [Wink]

Of course, I shouldn't talk. *points to 10,000 post landmark*

quidscribis
Member # 5124

Cheese whiz.

Go back to sleep. Really. Inadequate sleep is not good.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you fell back asleep. [Frown]

I think people in general (mmm, sweeping generalization) don't realize how nice it is to just...fall asleep and sleep through the night (7 or more hours) without insomnia or frequent waking or whatever, until they've had a particularly nasty bout of insomnia (or having an infant, that I wouldn't know) and sleep is this holy grail that you can't seem to reach anymore.

Seroquel has been my grail. Blessed, blessed seroquel.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll trade a few hours of sleeping time for a few hours of awake time with one of you.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Last night, the damned lizards on the roof had a wrestling competition. Or maybe they were learning to rhumba. I dunno - but for a while there, I thought the roof was going to cave in.

Fahim, of course, slept through it all.

I, of course, did not. [Frown]

Ela
Member # 1365

I took something and went back to sleep after my early dawn episode of sleeplessness.

Slept till about 10 am.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.