FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Are women necessary?

Author Topic: Are women necessary?
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, we are. Period. I had to start this thread before anyone else did.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Women, can't live without them, and it's illegal to leave them chained in basement. [Razz]
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
. . . thereby disproving your argument.

Go paint your nails or something. [Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Only if you want properly cooked meals.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Woman look gud.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Only if you want properly cooked meals
I'm a fairly good cook I'll have you know. Heck, even my mom says I make some meals better than her.

I figure this wasn't pointed at me, but I wanted to say it anyway.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
And I am NOT a good cook. But that does not make me any less necessary!
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
*Shoots jennabean*

Well, we can make the experiment, no? Personally I don't feel any unhappier. Guess you weren't so necessary as all that.

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

Well... better me than you, hey? Because if I had cooked for your selfish belly, you would most certainly be dead!
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, gods do tend to prefer that their virgin sacrifices be female. Look at the rejection of Issac: it must have been humiliating to have learned that even sheep were more acceptable.
And I've never heard of male vestal virgins acting as intermediaries with the gods, or male sybils talking for the fates.

Then there are vampires. While dining on males is acceptable to LeStat's modern set, older vampires such Dracula and his entourage prefer straighter fare.

And heroes need to have their girlfriends or wives killed -- or at least an attractive woman threatened with a kiss -- before they would become motivated to take down a mass murderer.
Let's face it, nobody would care if Jason or Freddy or Pinhead or DarthVader were victimizing only males.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tern
Member # 7429

- posted      Profile for tern   Email tern         Edit/Delete Post 
Who else would clean the house?

*ducks and covers*

Posts: 561 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

quote:
Originally posted by jennabean:
Well... better me than you, hey? Because if I had cooked for your selfish belly, you would most certainly be dead!

Shush, you're dead. You don't get to have opinions. Come to think of it, being a woman, you don't get to have opinions anyway.
jennabean
Member # 8590

Then hopefully I was shot in an effort to appease the gods! Surely that proves women are necessary... [Roll Eyes]

and really... who else WOULD clean the house?

aspectre
Member # 2222

Real men don't need clean. They just need someone to remember where they left their stuff in the accumulated garbage.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

Precisely. See, this is the kind of inferior thinking that led to all those years of patriarchy in the first place. Why we gave you lot the vote, I'm sure I don't know.

Incidentally, aspectre, don't you mean AccumulatedGarbage? And RealMen?

aspectre
Member # 2222

The ' accumulated ' is just a guess: real men wouldn't know or care how the garbage got there in the first place.
And given American intellectual property laws, RealMen© is probably already claimed by a predatory corporation just waiting for the opportunity to eat an unwary victim foolish enough to use it without prior permission.

[ November 16, 2005, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Stan the man
Member # 6249

I know one thing....they sure don't keep ya warm at night. Cold feet, cold ... well you get the picture.
aspectre
Member # 2222

Didn't the BoyScouts teach ya that you're supposed to rub their legs to produce heat?
jennabean
Member # 8590

Oh my, this is too much for a little lady like me to handle. Pity about the patriarchy. I think I'm going to go paint my nails and vote for that senator with the cute butt...
Stan the man
Member # 6249

quote:
Didn't the BoyScouts teach ya that you're supposed to rub their legs to produce heat?
But then my hands would warm up and then Beth would get all upset because my hands were no longer cold and then she couldn't ... wait, I'm not sure I can go any further on the forum about this. Ooops.
aspectre
Member # 2222

"I think I'm going to..vote for that senator with the cute butt..."

Yep, if men weren't such total bimbos, women wouldn't bother to keep them.

[ November 16, 2005, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Heck, even my mom says I make some meals better than her. (emphasis added)
That statement makes it sound like we as a society understand that mom (woman) is (and socially acceptable as 'should be') a better cook the the rest of the house/family...and so it is really cool that you even make food as good or better then her.

I guess woman are necessary in the kitchen. [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

Well, she did teach me how to cook some. Other stuff I learned from my friend's mom. Most of it I just make up on my own (my chili mostly).

As far as that belonging in the kitchen bit for women...I will not say that I agree...soley because I want to live to see next week.

Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
We look cute! Imagine a world with no women, so unattractive. Now, imagine an island with nearly no women and lots of hot men- *cough* Sorry, that's for this . . . story . . . that I'm . . . writing. Yes.

No really, we smell better and come in miniature sizes! And everything is cuter little.

Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
A man cooking for woman is amazingly sexy.

I've always found cooking to be profoundly feminine when a woman does it and profoundly masculine when a man does it. Does that make any sense?

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

Yes it does LadyDove. I would be worried if it were profoundly masculine when a woman cooks and vice verse.

It's the BBQ apron isn't it? [Wink]

LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
I luvs me some bbq!
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

Yes, you can always tell when you're dealing with a real man.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad you aren't one of them. *ducks and flees thread*
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
quid, I see a lot of ducking and fleeing going on, but nothings been thrown. Let's have some rotten tomatoes flying!
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

Got me, quidscribis, I don't know if aspectre even has a gender. And it's kinda hard to check what with being on the internet.
However, I have discovered that I have at least one real man-like characteristic.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Are women necessary?
I can't speak for everyone, but I know that I am.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
"Sir Winston Churchill if I was your wife I'ld poison your coffee"

"And if I was your husband I would drink it"- Winston Churchill

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Are women necessary?
Um, no. You could replace with lean pork or chicken, but the stew just won't taste the same without them.

Oh, wait. This isn't a cooking thread.

Nevermind.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, lean pork works very well. It's a little dryer, but it takes to the spices very well.

Hm . . . as a gay guy, am I really allowed to add my opinion on this?

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.