FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pre-New Year's Resolutions

Author Topic: Pre-New Year's Resolutions
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Instead of starting after New Years, why not start before?
Normal resolutions last, what? A week?
A little over three weeks isn't quite as daunting as a whole year, so there's less of a mind barrier.

I've tried this with friends and family a couple times before and it's seemed to work out very well. In fact, more often than not, they've continued with it for the next year and actually stuck with it.

My pre-New Year's Resolution is to tell my mother I love her, at least once a day.

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting back in shape.

I started back hard the day after Thanksgiving.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Lose weight, get a mate.
Publish

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boogashaga
Member # 8881

- posted      Profile for boogashaga   Email boogashaga         Edit/Delete Post 
--3 inches off of my waistline by 1 April 2006.

--Start a weight training program again.

--Better correspondance (minimum of 3 letters a week).

--Read the entire D&C by the end of April 2006.

--Get the job in Africa!

Posts: 101 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
1) Remove unnecessary expenditures (of both money and time) from my life, which include, but are not limited to: coffee, cigarettes, alcohol, other illicit narcotics, stupid people, pseudo-friendships & "acquaintances" with whom I have no interest in expanding a friendship.

2) Get rid of one of my two jobs.

3) Use the newly acquired time to nurture the creative aspects of my life.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

This is Day 5, I believe.
How is everyone doing?

If you answer, "Quite well, thank you.", you get a gold sticker.
If you answer, "-shifty eyes-", you get a frowny face and then a gold sticker.
/positivereinforcement

In other news, I told my mother I loved her. Have you?

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I have started to take the stairs, most of the time.
And I am trying to eat better. It seems all I want to eat is sushi and salmon. So I made salmon sushi today.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

Gold Sticker for you!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.