FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » flash animations

Author Topic: flash animations
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
i am completely getting sucked into the flash world. almost everyday i find more and more flash movies i think are really great. of course i find lots of crap, but i find great stuff too. anything in the brackenwood series or anything done by vinnie veritas are probably my favorites. Ben recently showed me don hertzfeldt, very strange and comical. if only there was more than just those 3 animations from him.

I get most of my stuff from newgrounds.com or vinnie vertias' official website. vinnie is my favorite flash artist because of his whole CCC backstory he has created. his imagination is just crazy and really cool. sad that i think ive seen all of whats available for these named artists.

anyone else finding more and more flash animations to be really interesting and a great way to kill lots of time when u have tons of other things to do?!?

Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I've seen quite a few good ones. That said, there's so many bad ones out there that I ususally don't bother to weed through them.

Have you seen How to Kill a Mockingbird and Invention Pioneers of Note yet? Both are pretty funny.

PS. They both start kind of slow, but it is worth it.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG. TKAMB was hilarious!!!
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Magical Trevor 1

Magical Trevor 2

Magical Trevor 3

And for the X-Men fans:
Dark Pheonix Rising

The House of M 1

The House of M 2

The House of M 3

Revisiting Profit

Death Becomes Them

Marvel Villians Assemble

For Zelda Fans:

The Real Legend of Zelda - Part 1

The Real Legend of Zelda - Part 2

Have fun everyone!!

EDIT: I forgot to mention Pucca and Ninjai !

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
www.iwantmyflashtv.com

If you ever surface after diving into there, let us know what you think. It has been a few years since I've looked at the site.

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
*makes devil sign*

Excellent!

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Salad Fingers...
Salad Fingers!!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

quote:
Originally posted by Altáriël of Dorthonion:
Magical Trevor 1

Magical Trevor 2

Magical Trevor 3

Those three are great, but now I think I'm going to have those songs stuck in my head all day.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

hmm.... flash tv seems cool but isnt close to complete yet. has anyone else ever seen any CCC-Related flashes by Vinnie Veritas?
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of getting a flash cartoon song stuck in your head, has anyone else seen bananaphone? I'm sorry to break the news to you ricree, but I'm pretty sure something like this (don't click if you don't appreciate swearing) is going to be happening to you rather soon.

You know how they say a picture is worth 1000 words? How many words do you suppose a flash cartoon is worth?

Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by krynn:
hmm.... flash tv seems cool but isnt close to complete yet. has anyone else ever seen any CCC-Related flashes by Vinnie Veritas?

What do you mean? That site has been around for years and seems to have so much content you could spend days watching it.
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

the top 5 lists arent clickable and some pages are still under construction.
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
check out http://www.jaydonaldson.com. it's one of my favorites.

and Hertzfeldt cartoons aren't flash.

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
And Hertzfeldt has certainly made more than 3 short films. 3 good ones, maybe. [Smile]
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

Oooo... Here's a new one I hadn't seen before. (Warning, it's a little bloody).

The Ultimate Showdown

Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
for the record i showed krynn 4 hertzfeldt cartoons.

Genre
L'Amour
Billy's Balloon
Rejected.

his website is www.bitterfilms.com

I am aware of others but i have not seen any others. i still want to see Meaning of Life.

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

Genre, which one was that? me brain work not so well.
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
It was the one where he drew the rabbit and then put it in a variety of genre cartoons (from "romance" to "science fiction musical" or whatever).
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

Here's a couple older cartoons that are pretty funny Strindberg and Helium.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
How can we forget Trogdor!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ultimate Showdown is beyond brilliant.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

This one is one of my favorites.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/161181

It's cute, funny, and japanese ska!

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

quote:
Originally posted by Telperion the Silver:
How can we forget Trogdor!

That one got it's own thread, 'member?
krynn
Member # 524

ok, i remember genre now. wow, trogdor was crazy.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/310851

If you don't watch this, the internet will explode.

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Wild. It's like celtic anime or something.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

If you like that, try watching Bitey of Brakenwood, or Prowlies at the River. Brilliantly done animation.
ricree101
Member # 7749

quote:
Originally posted by T_Smith:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/310851

If you don't watch this, the internet will explode.

I watched it, but is it ok with you guys if I go ahead and explode the internet anyways?

Seriously though, that was a very well done video.

Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Lobster Magnet!

T_Smith, that was the prettiest flash I've ever seen.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Its not mine, but thanks. [Smile]
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't watch the YuYu because I needed to update my Flash Player ... but even after I updated it, it told me I needed to update it. What gives?
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genius00345
Member # 8206

- posted      Profile for genius00345   Email genius00345         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com

This page has some funny stuff on it.

Posts: 206 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

http://www.biteycastle.com

For those that wanted all the animations in the series on the same site.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
We like the moon
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
We like the moon

GAH! BLARG!!! [Mad]

I hate that freaky movie! Who want to see mutant roadkill singing a moronic song? BAD INTERNET, NO! [No No]

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I do.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
We like the moon too [Smile]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Those damn dead monkey-rat things are going to lead to the downfall of western civilization.

Mark my words.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
We like the moon

I almost clicked on that one, but I remembered what it must be. (whew - lucky escape!)

I'm watching the Bitey animations with my younger daughter. [Wink]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/340854

BRILLIANT!

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

quote:
We like the moon
Cause it is close to us.
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
The SuperMario Saga was finally completed this summer after a two year delay. Scroll down and start from Part I.

Prepare to be blown away.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

JTK, that was awesome!!
[Hail]

Edit: OMG, the ending! [Cry]

[ September 28, 2006, 02:20 AM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

ricree101
Member # 7749

Thanks JTK, I saw the first couple a while back. Glad to see that it got finished.

Also, check out How it Should Have Ended

I especially like the Star Wars ending.

B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
The Original was all in Flash
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/341977

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.