FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My son's audition *Update* He got a part

Author Topic: My son's audition *Update* He got a part
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
The name of the play is How To Eat Like A Child, And Other Lessons In Not Being A Grown-up

He sang "C Is For Cookie" as his audition piece, and they had him tell a knock knock joke from the show for the "reading" (he is not a really strong reader yet).

He was adorable!

He was wearing red cord overalls and a royal blue polo shirt. He has long hair in back, an adorable and very pretty face, and his name is Sequoyah. After the audition the director embarrassedly asked if he was a boy or girl.

He was really animated and had a strong voice during his audition and I really admired his composure.

edit for spelling

[ March 07, 2006, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: mimsies ]

Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently stage managing a show where half the cast are 12 or under. I'm already falling in love with the kids -- they bring such a great dynamic to everything they're doing, plus they're all really cute! [Smile]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
You should only shep naches!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
I stagemanaged a show this summer with a large cast that was mostly kids...I enjoyed watching how the kids really grew and developed during the process-- one little girl was so shy she would barely speak but by the end of the play she was really coming out of her shell-- it was fun to watch and it just thrilled her parents.

Let us know how it turns out, mimsies. Being in a show is such a fun experience for kids.

Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so cool! I'd love to see pics.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
The producer called, and reviewed the rehearsal schedule. His first rehearsal is Thursday night, from 7 until bedtime. At least since he homeschools he won't have to be up early.

I don't know much about his role yet, but I'm betting that he has the part of the youngest cast member (as listed in the script). Usually they just use the actors' names for the characters in this show so that should be easy for him.

He is very excited.

Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
May I be the first to offer a Mazel Tov!

Mazel Tov!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that's awesome! Tell him congrats. [Smile]
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Congratulations!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.